Feedback
Adding extra lines | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Adding extra lines

• 1 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Do you have to wait for the sim card and activate your phone, after ordering online, to add more lines to your account? I tried ordering 4 sim cards for myself, wife and 2 kids but that didn’t work. I could only order one sim card. I have my account set up and tried to add an extra line but I don’t have my sim card yet. My number has to be active to receive text messages to add another line on the same account. It seems like I can only order one sim card at a time.

14 replies

I’m in the same boat.  I want to switch my family over to Koodo, but had to buy the first Sim card by itself.  Got it set up today, and I want to order a second one, but can’t find out how to add a new device...it keeps wanting to “change” my current plan rather than add a new one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once you order your first line and you get your self serve confirmation email that then line is active, you can add a 2nd line at that point online .

If you want to get a new phone with the 2nd line then you will need to wait 45 days.

If you want to open more than the 2nd line online you will need to wait 45 or90 days. Or you can open the other lines instore. 

Once you order your first line and you get your self serve confirmation email that then line is active, you can add a 2nd line at that point online .

If you want to get a new phone with the 2nd line then you will need to wait 45 days.

I wanted to add an already existing phone, but when I try to do that, it lets me put a new Sim card in my cart, and then asks me to choose a plan.  When I choose a plan, it asks me to confirm that I want to “switch” my plan.  I don’t want to switch the plan, I want to add a new one, but the only options are “switch” and “cancel”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wanted to add an already existing phone, but when I try to do that, it lets me put a new Sim card in my cart, and then asks me to choose a plan.  When I choose a plan, it asks me to confirm that I want to “switch” my plan.  I don’t want to switch the plan, I want to add a new one, but the only options are “switch” and “cancel”.

A New customer who recently activated and wants to add a new line or upgrade their primary line with a new device will be able to do so after having an active account for 45 days 

A New customer who recently activated and wants to add a new line or upgrade their primary line with a new device will be able to do so after having an active account for 45 days 

Hi I’m in the same boat. I just activated my first line with Koodo, and want to add two new lines to my account, however it seems the online shopping does not allow me to add new SIM and plan. If the 45 day rule is intentional, I wonder why? Since Koodo have everything they need to identify their customers such as address, credit card# etc. why do they make it difficult for people to add more lines to their accounts???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi I’m in the same boat. I just activated my first line with Koodo, and want to add two new lines to my account, however it seems the online shopping does not allow me to add new SIM and plan. If the 45 day rule is intentional, I wonder why? Since Koodo have everything they need to identify their customers such as address, credit card# etc. why do they make it difficult for people to add more lines to their accounts???

It is just the protocol they have. I suppose it may have to do with fraud prevention, since some fraudsters may take advantage of this and use it for their benefit. At this point, you may want to go to a Koodo store to add the lines. Unfortunately, that means paying the $50 connection fee for each line. Otherwise, wait until the 45-day period ends to add the lines. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@AllanW : Did you have access to your self-serve yet? if you are buying SIM and plan only (no device), you should be able to add new line right away within selfserve. The 45 day restriction was for customer who wanted new devices.

Yes I do have signed up for self service online, otherwise how can I add a new line to my account? I can add a SIM card, but I cannot add a plan, and there’s no way to proceed to make payments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I do have signed up for self service online, otherwise how can I add a new line to my account? I can add a SIM card, but I cannot add a plan, and there’s no way to proceed to make payments.

What was the error that you saw? Did you try to add a  bring your device plan? If possible, can you post a snapshot of it here (without any personal information pla)

There’s no error message. When I add a plan, it asks me to confirm to ‘switch the plan to xxx’ (don’t ask me why), I confirmed, but there’s no plan added in the shopping cart, that’s all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s no error message. When I add a plan, it asks me to confirm to ‘switch the plan to xxx’ (don’t ask me why), I confirmed, but there’s no plan added in the shopping cart, that’s all.

If you saw the message “change….” you might accidentally chose to change your current plan instead of adding a new line.

I would suggest you sign out of your current Koodo account first. Go the koodo plan page https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Select a plan » add to cart » sign in as a current customer » ...follow the process to add a new line.

No it doesn’t work, and btw if it needs some hacking to add a line to an account then I’d say good luck to Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No it doesn’t work, and btw if it needs some hacking to add a line to an account then I’d say good luck to Koodo.

It doesn't require someone to hack. I just showed you the easiest way. From what you described you chose to change your current plan instead of adding a new line. 

It doesn't require someone to hack. I just showed you the easiest way. From what you described you chose to change your current plan instead of adding a new line. 

Thanks man appreciate your help, unfortunately I tried and it didn’t work … whatever added into the shopping cart will be cleared after I sign in to my account.