Koodo Community
Solved

Adding data to my plan

• 1 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I want to add data to my plan for a month as I will be travelling (within Canada). I’m willing to change my plan, but I don’t want to lose the current plan I have.

What are my options?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 1 July 2020, 20:53

If you don’t want to change your plan, once your plan reach the limit, they would offer options for you to top up data. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/shock-free-data

1. Reply with keyword “YES” to 5337 to use your plan’s data pay-per-use rate.
  2. Reply with keyword “12YES” to add 300MB of data top-up for $12 and “22YES” to add 1GB of data top-up for $22
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you currently have a plan without any data? Can you see if you can do a data add-on in self-serve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don’t want to change your plan, once your plan reach the limit, they would offer options for you to top up data. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/shock-free-data

1. Reply with keyword “YES” to 5337 to use your plan’s data pay-per-use rate.
  2. Reply with keyword “12YES” to add 300MB of data top-up for $12 and “22YES” to add 1GB of data top-up for $22

I do have data on my current plan, but I want to increase the amount of data without have to pay so much money for a top-up because I’ll be going on a road trip.  I don’t see the data add-on in self-service.

Any other option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah. So near as I can tell you can only add he data as Dinh said once you hit your limit. I thought that you can do the same in self-serve but I'm not seeing how. It's a bit pricey at 22 dollars for a gig but better than overages for all but older plans. What does it say your data overage rate is? Otherwise you'd have to get a larger data bucket plan. You could potentially get your old plan switched back but hat requires a Rep willing and knowing they can provide it or something similar back. There are special offer add-ons but they're special offers.

What sort of things would you use your data for? Even google maps let's you download large sections for offline use ahead of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have and how much data is included?

If you change your plan, then you can’t go back to your old plan unless it’s still available as in market plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you change your plan, then you can’t go back to your old plan unless it’s still available as in market plan.

Depending on the amount of data you want to use extra, that might be the best option for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depending on the amount of data you want to use extra, that might be the best option for you. 

She mentioned that she doesn't want lose her current plan. But she need extra data for a month for her trip.

So depending on how much data she has and what plan she has ( it could be a grandfathered plan) , and our suggestions for options can be different.🙂