Feedback
Adding a Second Phone - Long-time Customer | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Adding a Second Phone - Long-time Customer

• 8 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I have had my phone plan for years and am happy with koodo (bring your own phone). I am hosting a friend for several months as they stay in Canada and would like to add a second, TEMPORARY line to my Koodo account for their phone (they have their own phone and we would likely be buying a new koodo SIM card for them to use while they are here). 

Has anyone done this successfully? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would get a public mobile prepaid account for them if it's temporary.

You can cancel/ deactivate anytime, don't need worry about overage charge, you can change the plan accordingly ( do it close to 30 days cycle).

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd2-5413877902?ds_rl=1268486&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm9yJBhDTARIsABKIcGZmvr5kRMknTQTWZGlg6edsfyELamCOCB-0MEfMJTRCxBnKufw8QYEaAmEzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have had my phone plan for years and am happy with koodo (bring your own phone). I am hosting a friend for several months as they stay in Canada and would like to add a second, TEMPORARY line to my Koodo account for their phone (they have their own phone and we would likely be buying a new koodo SIM card for them to use while they are here). 

Has anyone done this successfully? 

You can add a line to your account for your friend if that is what you intend to do. That said, you will be responsible for the monthly fees, since it is your account, so you may want to speak with your friend about it first. It is relatively easy to cancel the line once your friend leaves Canada. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can do this online, but receiving the SIM card might take some time