Koodo Community
Question

Add-ons I never added on

Hi there, 

Going over my bills for the past two months - was being charged $11 extra. Notice as of March, two add-ons were added that I never added? One is applecare for $9 and the other was $2 for International Long Distance calls. How did these get added without any action on my part? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, 

Going over my bills for the past two months - was being charged $11 extra. Notice as of March, two add-ons were added that I never added? One is applecare for $9 and the other was $2 for International Long Distance calls. How did these get added without any action on my part? Thanks!

Which phone are you currently using? Is it an iPhone? The AppleCare+ plan is a 2-year or monthly plan that provides hardware coverage for your iPhone. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/applecare

As for your international long distance add-on, I’m assuming it’s the one with 1,000 international minutes that was provided to you for free. Koodo mentioned they will start to charge an extra $2/month for this service. You should have received an email regarding this increase. If you don’t want the add-on anymore, you can delete it from your Self-Serve account. 

Thanks! I have an IPhone, yes, but I’ve had it since November 2019 and I never asked for the applecare plan...within 60 days or not! And ok, that explains the extra $2 charge...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks! I have an IPhone, yes, but I’ve had it since November 2019 and I never asked for the applecare plan...within 60 days or not! And ok, that explains the extra $2 charge...

I would suggest checking your previous bills to see if the charge was added onto your account. You might also want to clarify this with a Koodo rep. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Userlevel 6

Hi there, 

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Upon checking the system shows that AppleCare+ was requested in Nov 2019, at the moment of the purchase. This charge has been showing on your bills since then.

Thanks Alexandra! Curious why my bill has gone up to 77.97  from 67.97 for the past couple of months then?