Koodo Community
Question

Add-on somehow added to my plan

My number has always had the following add-on: “$0 1000min International LD Add-on (UK, IND, GER, CHINA, HK, TW, BD, ITALY, MEX, AUS, Macau)”. Today I logged on to self serve and noticed this add-on is still there, but there is another identical add-on under my profile, but for $2. It says “$2 1000min International LD Add-on (UK, IND, GER, CHINA, HK, TW, BD, ITALY, MEX, AUS, Macau)”.

I did not add this Add-on, and it makes no sense that I’ll be charged $2 for something that I also get for free. Either way, it should not have been added without my permission.

Using the ridiculous BOT won’t give me an answer to what I want to know:

1. why it was added?
  1. if I  remove it now will I still be charged the $2 on my next bill?
  2. If I am charged the $2, how do I dispute it? It’s impossible to contact anyone.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thus add-on used to be free and many customers received it as part of promotion.

But, now they're starting to charge this add-on.

If you don't need it, you can remove it through self serve. 

If you have issues to remove it, then you can set up a call back through chat/BOT or send them message through FB.

Thanks Mayumi

Keep an eye on your account. i received a notification via email about this “upcoming” charge so I logged in on March 29th to remove it, got an email confirmation that I removed it… lo and behold on my next bill (it’s only April 12th mind you, so a whopping 15 days later), it’s BACK ON THERE. I tried to remove it again, got the confirmation email but I don’t trust that it will not appear on the next bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Keep an eye on your account. i received a notification via email about this “upcoming” charge so I logged in on March 29th to remove it, got an email confirmation that I removed it… lo and behold on my next bill (it’s only April 12th mind you, so a whopping 15 days later), it’s BACK ON THERE. I tried to remove it again, got the confirmation email but I don’t trust that it will not appear on the next bill. 

Very weird...in that case I would send a private message to Koodoa via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter to get them to correct the charge and ensure it stays off.

Thank you, I have tried your suggestion.