Koodo Community

Community

Add More GB's on Plans

I have 2 GB per month which isn't enough for anything and they could carry over left over GB's or MB's if there was any left over which there isn't for me. Please add more GB's per month. Thank you koodo.

9 replies

So 2GB isn't enough for basic web browsing, app downloading, facebooking, etc? The only reason to need more than 2GB is to video stream, which if you are going to do that, you should really leave it for a wifi connection.
There is No WiFi where I live, so more GB's would be more suitable for my situation and I don't stream videos either or play games.
Then you don't need to torrent. There is absolutely no reason why you would be going over 2 GB if you are doing just the basic internet stuff. I barely reach 1GB with my 3G data on from just web browsing/facebooking and what not. You can state you don't, but I can almost guarantee that you are doing something more that requires the additional data.
Userlevel 7
Well you can switch to the new $75 plan that has 3GB of data or... What plan do you have? Seems like it's one of the several $60 2GB plans that have been around for a while. If you go over, you'll be charged $10 and be able to use up to 3GB. It's not like Koodo cuts you off after you hit the limit.
Jonathan I wrote:

Well you can switch to the new $75 plan that has 3GB of data or... What plan do you have? Seems l...

I have 2 GB $60 plan which I got in Dec.2012, say if I go over it's $10 for an additional 3GB's or do you mean $10 and get an additional 1GB to make it a total 3 GB
Jonathan I wrote:

Well you can switch to the new $75 plan that has 3GB of data or... What plan do you have? Seems l...

Yes. When you go over 2GB, you will be charged an extra $10 for another GB.
I know what I do on my phone Thank you very much. If I were streaming video's or what ever else I would be over my GB's in two weeks rather than three weeks which leaves me with no internet for a week. WiFi might be good for you in the city. You say you barely reach 1 GB just web browsing and what not, you can state that's all you use, but why then would you have a 3 GB plan instead of a 1 GB which would make more sense money wise and else wise. Me I'm on a fixed income so it's not like I can afford to go over my GB's I wish there was WiFi out here, which would help.
DJD wrote:

I know what I do on my phone Thank you very much. If I were streaming video's or what ever else I...

Then turn off your data and only use it when it's absolutely necessary. Something tells me that you are doing things like video calling and such, which will eat through data as well. There is absolutely no reason for you to go over 2 gb in 3 weeks if you are just doing the basic internet stuff. Since you are going over, you are doing more data intensive activities. Simply stop doing those and you won't go over. This is entirely user based and it's something YOU can control.
Userlevel 4
DJD wrote:

I know what I do on my phone Thank you very much. If I were streaming video's or what ever else I...

Can you tell us what you do internet-wise as to why you would need more than 2gb? That might give us more insight.