Koodo Community
Question

Add a family member to my account

My wife is on her traveller’s visa in Canada and she is going to apply for permanent residence very soon.

I want to add her to my current plan or we create a joint account and we have both our names on our monthly bill.

Please help me me to know if this is possible. Thank you!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no joint account with Koodo.
But you can add her under your account if you are not under the spending limit program.
You will be an account owner and she will be your subscriber. She will have her own plan and you will be responsible for her bill.

You can log into self serve and click "Add a new line" , then follow the instructions
hi Mayumi

i logged in in to my account, and there is no “add a new line” option there. Could you help me with how you find the option?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Mayumi

i logged in in to my account, and there is no “add a new line” option there. Could you help me with how you find the option?

You can log in to your selfserve, on the top left go click "Shop" from there you could choose to buy a new plan or a phone.

You could also go here https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans and sign in, options to add a new line will show up.
Hi Mayumi,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I submitted an order, but my order is cancelled by Koodo due to “mismatch of information detected by our system check between the information you provided us and the credit file issued by Equifax”.

So I double checked, in the ordering process there was a place to fill in “who is this line for”, I filled my spouse. Does that cause the cancellation of order? Should I only fill in the name of the account holder for this question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mayumi,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I submitted an order, but my order is cancelled by Koodo due to “mismatch of information detected by our system check between the information you provided us and the credit file issued by Equifax”.

So I double checked, in the ordering process there was a place to fill in “who is this line for”, I filled my spouse. Does that cause the cancellation of order? Should I only fill in the name of the account holder for this question?

No that shouldn't. The issue is usually an address. Are you adding a new line or starting a new account?
I am adding a new line.

But I did update my address recently.

So when i submitted my order I updated my billing address and I filled my new address into the order.

Can an you guys advise me how long it takes Equifax to get my new address in their system? Do I have to write a letter to them?

I might have to go to the Koodo store in person in order to do it faster,right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am adding a new line.

But I did update my address recently.
- How recent is it? They seems very sensitive with address change then purchase a phone or add line(s).
Also, when did you joined Koodo?

Can an you guys advise me how long it takes Equifax to get my new address in their system?
-. I can flag this. So, rep can take a look your account.

I might have to go to the Koodo store in person in order to do it faster,right?
- It might. But they will charge you a connection fee if you add/open an account at a store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes in store is a lot faster as they can compare photo ID right away. It will cost $35 connection fee to do in store
Thanks Dennis,

If I do it in store, can I receive bills with both me and my wife’s name on them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Dennis,

If I do it in store, can I receive bills with both me and my wife’s name on them?

Yoy will be an account owner. So, your name will be on the bill.

You can make her as an authorized person. It means that she can access to account and authorized to make some change (plan)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Dennis,

Only 1 name can be on the account.
But each line can have individual names assigned.

Note that the main name on the account will be responsible for paying the bill
Userlevel 3
Hey Univis! We've just reviewed the account. Because the new address is in the same province as the previous one and you've been with us for at least a few years no, you can go ahead and place the order for the second line and it should work 🙂 Let us know if you need more help.