Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activating a US add-on... 2 questions

I need to purchase the US data/minutes/text combo add-on but I have a few questions... 1. When should I purchase it, while still in Canada or after I arrive in the US? 2. How do I know that the add-on is actually ON/activated? Is there something on my Nexus 4 that I can check? Thanks Eric

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Activate it via text on the day you'll be arriving in the USA Check selfserve to see if it's added but I think you get a text back confirming the add in is added on
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. You can add it there or in Canada. I personally would add it in Canada so I wont forget. Travel can be stressful sometimes and forgetting so easy. 2. You should get a confirmation email. When I got my US roaming add-on. I got a email that said the following. You could also check on self serve and you will see the add-on there. You wont be able to check on your phone since it is a Koodo system thing. you have to logon to your self serve to check.

Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

1. You can add it there or in Canada. I personally would add it in Canada so I wont forget. Tra...

Good to know.
Thanks Chad and Dennis for your replies! One last question, after I purchase the add-on, does it automatically go into effect after I cross the border? Or will I have to switch a setting on my phone when I enter the US? Thanks again! Eric
Userlevel 7
eric b wrote:

Thanks Chad and Dennis for your replies! One last question, after I purchase the add-on, does ...

It's a billing code. It actually doesn't do anything but provide a discount, there's nothing to switch on except for data roaming if you intend to use data instead of wifi.
eric b wrote:

Thanks Chad and Dennis for your replies! One last question, after I purchase the add-on, does ...

Excellent, thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
eric b wrote:

It's active based on the date you set it when you added it on self serve.