Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activating 30TEXT and 30BUNDLE add ons when abroad

Before leaving Canada we activated the 30TEXT and 30BUNDLE add ons (text 5242). We have depleted those and need to add additional text and bundle add ons. How do we do that from abroad, text +1-5242?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you need to be in the country in order to activate these! When do you need them? IN the next days or right now?
We need them ASAP - we did activate before we left (i.e., in country) but the packages were too small for our needs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check out Chad's reply:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how-do-i-text-30text-from-greece

Userlevel 6
Hey David! Since you already have the add-ons that allow your service to be connected abroad, you can simply text the code to 5242 (either 30 TEXT or 30BUNDLE) and you will receive a confirmation text.  Hope this helps!

EDIT: You must wait until the 10 days/30 days have ended before purchasing another add-on.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey David! Since you already have the add-ons that allow your service to be connected abroad, you...

There have been some reports of premium texting to a short code like 5242 not being supported by foreign carriers.
Thanks everyone who responded. In the end I had to call Koodo directly and they took the necessary action for me. i would have done that in the first place if I could have found a number to call on koodo.com. If it's there it's well hidden.