Koodo Community
Question

Activate and Add line

• 9 September 2022
  • 8 replies

I’m looking at getting a Koodo account for two phones: (myself and my wife), and am wondering as to the timing. Can I sign up for both of these at the same time, or do I need to wait to receive the SIM card and activate my phone before I can add the line for hers?  (trying to get in on a ‘limited time’ offer)

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m looking at getting a Koodo account for two phones: (myself and my wife), and am wondering as to the timing. Can I sign up for both of these at the same time, or do I need to wait to receive the SIM card and activate my phone before I can add the line for hers?  (trying to get in on a ‘limited time’ offer)

You can sign up both at the same time in-store. There will be a $50 connection fee. Otherwise, you need to order each line separately on the Koodo website. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to have both lines on a single account you need to order 1 first and then order the 2nd once your 1st line is active when you complete this online. 

When you activate in store, you can open both lines at the same time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DrTheta The benefit of buying the SIMs online  of course, as some stated above, is saving $100 for the 2 lines.  Which promo are you referring to? 

@Bernard Koodo   The promo is (either the 8+2 data or 10+10 data, both of which have) a bill credit up to $60 off, making it $5 off per month.

@Bernard Koodo I guess another question I would have is, “can you change from the 8+2 plan to a more robust data plan later on?

Userlevel 4

If you buy online, you have to wait 30+ days or so , to set up another line. Can a rep confirm the exact number of days. You might have to go to a store to get the deal and spend the $100. A small price to pay for a good deal!

Not a rep, just trying to help. I was in same position with my wife! I went to the store in the end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DrTheta If you bring your phone and just want to purchase a SIM you should be able add-a-line. No need to wait for 30 day as long as the second line is also a BYOD one. That measure is place for fraud checks only.  As far as the second question, yes, you can change plans in the future, although promos and offerings change from time to time.  To take full advantage of the current promo you should buy online as the Connection fee will be waived for both line saving you $100. Pls check out  the online ordering section for any additional details:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/ordering-online

Userlevel 4

Are you looking for 2 new phones as well?  This is where the 30+ days comes in