Koodo Community
Question

About changing plan

• 20 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I registered for a post paid plan on around 2nd September for the 20 gb data plan for 60 dollars (After getting some discounts I have to pay 45 monthly). But now I wish to change the plan to the 15 dollars 250 mb plan. As of now I have a bill that shows charges from 2nd September to 12th September and from 12th September to 12th october. If I place an online order for the 15 dollar plan now, will I still have to pay the outstanding bill I have now and also will my number change or be the same?  Can I get some guidance on how to transition from the plan I have currently to the 15 dollar one and how will this impact my bill as this is not possible on the self serve platform?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are changing your plan, do not order a new line. Just login to your self serve and you can change your plan there. Do NOT order a new line. 

Your next bill will be adjusted so that you are charged for the $60 plan on a prorated basis with the rest credited back to you, plus a new charge for a prorated $15 plan plus one month ahead for the $15 plan.

Note that any credits from the $60 plan when you signed up Will be lost with a plan change 

If you are changing your plan, do not order a new line. Just login to your self serve and you can change your plan there. Do NOT order a new line. 

Your next bill will be adjusted so that you are charged for the $60 plan on a prorated basis with the rest credited back to you, plus a new charge for a prorated $15 plan plus one month ahead for the $15 plan.

Note that any credits from the $60 plan when you signed up Will be lost with a plan change 

Thanks for your reply. But I am unable to change to the 15 dollar plan using self Service. I only have the option of choosing the 55 dollar plan on self serve. How to do it otherwise?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally for new customer or if you just changed your plan, there was some restriction in selfserve.

Also, did you want to change to the  $15 prepaid plan? If so, you can’t change from postpaid to prepaid in self-serve as they operated independently. You have to cancel the postpaid plan and activate a new prepaid plan.