Koodo Community
Solved

AALBONUS

• 5 February 2021
  • 13 replies

I received an email today with a bonus offer. Add a line for family day and get $5 month off for 24 months and an extra 2G data. 

Is that deal in addition to the posted plans and it appears you can only call in to receive the offer. If that’s the case I assume I’ll be charged the $45 connection fee because it’s not self-serve?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 5 February 2021, 22:44

Hi 

The $143 bill credit is available for activating new account only, at Koodomobile.com, on rate plans $45 and above and it should be applied to the account once activated.

Any remaining credit once the first bill is covered, will be forwarded to the next bill.

The $5 off for 24 months is applicable only for adding new line on an existing account, on any tab type, including BYOD. It can be also redeemed in self serve and a minimum $45 plan is required :)

Hi Flo

If OP added a line to his existing account, it's count as a new account, correct?  Plus OP is buying new phone. OP will receive $143 credit either way, right?

I said " I figure that this promo works only if you add a line with BYOD."  Because if you buy a phone , you can get better promotion ($143 off) with Luna promotion.  Add a line promo is $120 ($5/ mo x 24mo)

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I received this email too.

I just tried to add this code through online order and it seems to working there too. ( You don't need to call in.) This is a screen I saw after I entered the code.   But it also seems that you need a plan over $40. (It says selected plans.)My order said $40/ mo with 3GB including bonus data. ( It means 1GB + 2GB= 3GB)

I didn't go all the way to check out. But if you get to check-out/ final submit page with info of $5/mo credit (and if you like the plan),  then take a screenshot and submit.

Thanks for your help. I was wanting to add a phone and tab plus to my existing account. It doesn’t seem to be working, so I don’t know what the conditions or parameters are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see there is another promo going with the plan. Do you see one time bill credit of $143?  That's why you can't add this "AALBONUS" promo.

But, I think this $143 bill credit is better than $120 credit.

Also, plan you choose is promotion plans. it’s  including bonus data too.

Yes...$143 is better. How does the bill credit work?  If my monthly payment is $74 plus tax, does that mean that amount will be applied to the credit amount and the following month too until the credit reaches $0? FYI...I saw that Virgin has the same phone and plan offer plus $188 credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes...$143 is better. How does the bill credit work?  If my monthly payment is $74 plus tax, does that mean that amount will be applied to the credit amount and the following month too until the credit reaches $0? FYI...I saw that Virgin has the same phone and plan offer plus $188 credit.

I’m not sure how this type of bill credit works. But, if they are offering bill credit of $143, then you will get $143 bill credit.
So, for this line plus you have a current/existing line, correct?  I don’t know how much you are paying for your existing line, but they will apply credit on total price. 

I didn’t check Virgin offer, but check what’s included with the price( not just credit offer).  Does Plan includes same data amount? Voicemail function and how early cancellation effect...etc.   Then you can pick what’s the best suit for your need. 

I have an existing Koodo plan, plus home and a pre-paid. Will be adding another line now. The Virgin plan ends up being identical to Koodo. Fido has the same offer too. Looks like all 3 companies are trying to be as competitive as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have an existing Koodo plan, plus home and a pre-paid. Will be adding another line now. The Virgin plan ends up being identical to Koodo. Fido has the same offer too. Looks like all 3 companies are trying to be as competitive as possible.

Yes, they seems have same promo at same time …

I figure that this promo works only if you add a line with BYOD. If you buy a phone, then regular Luna New year promo is better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi 

The $143 bill credit is available for activating new account only, at Koodomobile.com, on rate plans $45 and above and it should be applied to the account once activated.

Any remaining credit once the first bill is covered, will be forwarded to the next bill.

The $5 off for 24 months is applicable only for adding new line on an existing account, on any tab type, including BYOD. It can be also redeemed in self serve and a minimum $45 plan is required :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi 

Hi Flo

If OP added a line to his existing account, it's count as a new account, correct?  Plus OP is buying new phone. OP will receive $143 credit either way, right?

I said " I figure that this promo works only if you add a line with BYOD."  Because if you buy a phone , you can get better promotion ($143 off) with Luna promotion.  Add a line promo is $120 ($5/ mo x 24mo)

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Mayumi! 

If new line was activated on an existing account, this will count as AAL, so it should be eligible for the AAL offer ($5*24mo).

If brand new account is activated (and credit check performed), in this case the $143 will apply as a bill credit :)

To ask your question, adding new line on existing account will not count as new account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mayumi! 

If new line was activated on an existing account, this will count as AAL, so it should be eligible for the AAL offer ($5*24mo).

If brand new account is activated (and credit check performed), in this case the $143 will apply as a bill credit :)

To ask your question, adding new line on existing account will not count as new account.

Oh sorry, I meant to ask 

If you add a line to existing account, it's count as new activation?

You said "If new line was activated on an existing account, this will count as AAL". And new activation as well,right?.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes, you are right, adding new line on existing account, will count as new activation, but still not as brand new account :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, you are right, adding new line on existing account, will count as new activation, but still not as brand new account :)

Thanks😃