Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$75 Plan Useless

Hey Koodo Community, am I the only one looking at the $75 plan and realizing how useless it is? Consider, the only benefit you get out of the extra $15 is an extra 1 GB of data. BUT! With the $60 plan, you get an extra 500 MB for only $5. Doesnt this mean that for only $70, the $60 plan is more cost effective than the $75 plan? If so, this makes the $75 of limited value to anyone. Unless there is a restriction I am unaware of overuse of data?

11 replies

Userlevel 1
I think right now (until something changes) you understand it quite well. The $60 plan is better as you will only pay $70 if you use the same amount of data offered in the $75 plan so the only advantage to the $75 plan is you are guaranteed to pay an extra $15 to Koodo even if you don't use the extra data and if you do go over the data offered you will always pay $5 more.
Userlevel 5
You have to also remember that the extra data on the $60 plan is part of a promotion currently. When the promo is off that plan only has 1Gb, and then the $75 makes a lot more sense.
Userlevel 6
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

You have to also remember that the extra data on the $60 plan is part of a promotion currently. W...

I considered bringing this up when the plan was announced, but then I remembered just that. Though the promotion just keeps getting extended...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see 5 GB for $60 data plan. Is this mistake? or new promo?
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

That's in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Sort of compensation for no LTE in Saskatchewan and extremely limited coverage area in Manitoba, if I'm not mistaken.
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

Plan reserved for MB/SK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Oh, thanks. My region selection was changed from Ontario to Sask somehow...
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Curtules it's because of the plans offered by SaskTel and MTS which actually offer Unlimited Canada Wide (SaskTel)/Unlimited Province Wide (MTS) data. http://www.sasktel.com/search/controller/_/R-Product_Services_Talk%26%2344%3B_Text_%26amp%3B_Data_Plans http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/wireless/wireless+plans/4g+smartphone+plans
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Jorden got it, its to go up against the local carriers there. And its just Winnipeg that's really missing LTE right now, Lloydminster, Saskatoon, and Regina are all LTE.
Userlevel 7
You aren't the only one, Eric and you're not the first person to make a thread about it:P But yeah, CURRENTLY, the $75 plan is useless
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

You aren't the only one, Eric and you're not the first person to make a thread about it:P But yea...

The only difference with the $60 Plan is 1GB more Data (that's almost $15) cost diffence.