Koodo Community
Solved

6GB Plan showing as 4GB

• 8 November 2020
  • 8 replies

screenshot of the deal it told me I was getting

Hello,

I bought a new phone today and at checkout it said I could upgrade my plan to $50 for 6GB (worded like this: 4GB + NOW 6GB)

So I changed my plan which before was $50 for 5GB.   Now in Self Serve it says my new plan is 4GB for $50.  That is worse than what I had before so it would appear the 6GB didn’t work correctly.

What should I do?  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 8 November 2020, 15:09

Hi @Billy Pollard 

Thanks for reporting the issue here! 

Please contact us via private message on Facebook or Twitter, so one of our reps can look into it for you.

Thank you!

Regards,

Flo

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you look in your add-ons do you see a 2gb add-on? 

If you look in your add-ons do you see a 2gb add-on? 

I just checked. Nothing like that in add-ons. Just the standard roaming stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you upgraded your phone with Koodo? If so, I will flag a rep here. If you use the same email as in your selfserve they will be able to find you. If not, you might have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist.

I assumed you upgraded your phone with Koodo? If so, I will flag a rep here. If you use the same email as in your selfserve they will be able to find you. If not, you might have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist.

Yes on the Koodo website I upgraded to a new phone and switched the plan during the same process.

Thank you for flagging a rep!

Userlevel 5

Hi @Billy Pollard 

Please contact us via private message on Facebook or Twitter, so one of our reps can look into it for you.

Thank you!

Regards,

Flo

I also want to upgrade from my current 5GB for $50 to 6GB for $50.  Why is this latest offer set up in such an unclear way?  (Previous offers that I upgraded to (including the 5GB for $50) were straightforward and showed the correct # of GB up front - the additional data wasn’t hidden as a post-purchase add-on. )

Also, are the 2GB of “add-on” data a permanent part of the plan if one upgrades to this latest offer? (That is to say, if I upgrade to 4GB+2GB will my plan always be 6GB and never be reduced to 4GB?)  If they are a permanent part of the plan once accepted, why make them an add-on and not just offer 6GB up front? 

Thanks.  :-)

Hi @Billy Pollard 

Thank you!

Regards,

Flo

I wrote to koodo on facebook and they fixed this by adding the 2GB as an add-on.  Thank you very much for your help!  :)

I have this same issue, I just sent a FB Pm as well.