Koodo Community

Community

Solved

60$ plan with 10gb data?

Userlevel 3
Trying to change to the promo plan but its not available on the site. That's all. We should be able to change our plans via the selfserve.

33 replies

Probably easier to switch to Telus. They’re offering the same deal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't switch to it as it's only available to new activations, so new customers or those opening a second line on the account.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You can't switch to it as it's only available to new activations, so new customers or those openi...

Do I have to go into a Koodo store to activate a new plan? I'm with a different provider, do you know if I can keep my number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can't switch to it as it's only available to new activations, so new customers or those openi...

Yes, you can port your number from another provider.

Another way would be buy a prepaid sim card, port your existing koodo line to the prepaid account and open up a new account with 60 10gb plan and port prepaid account to the new line
Userlevel 1

Why would he do all that Jae ? When he can just Activate directly on the 10Gb plan for 60$ ?

Can I claim the $60 plan by the loyality pgm?

The plan it's for new activations and bring your own device ONLY ! do not waiste your time by calling costumer service!
Userlevel 3
Oh. So I have to close my account with komodo and then turn around and sign up with komodo or someone else? That's a weird business model
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can call in and ask them to switch, it will be easy if you are not on Tab.
Userlevel 1
Dinh wrote:

Does that work without issues?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

What issues are you thinking of?

Btw, it brought down the 611 🙂
Dinh wrote:

First day I was on hold so long that they closed their office and told me to call back today. I asked if they could call me, and they said no. 

So I called today. 2 hours on hold later (and several automatic hangups) and I'm told by an automated message that they're too busy to help me. Tell me that at the START of the call next time. 

I've sent them a message on twitter and told the rep last night that if I don't speak to retention I'm going to switch. Only been a customer for a month and I already hate this company.
Dinh wrote:

Relax man just switch to Telus Same deal same company , new accounts are handled faster
Dinh wrote:

I JUST switched to Koodo 31 days ago. If I have to switch again, I'll be going with someone entirely different. Fuck Koodo and Fuck Telus. 
Userlevel 1
Dinh wrote:

Issues?? Umm like maybe being on hold for total of 7 hours and getting nowhere. Missed out on this deal because Koodo is shitty on customer service
It is frustrating that koodoo didn't make this available online to customers with no tab. Seems I am better off taking the promo from others who are offering similar deals.
Ron Chittaro wrote:

It is frustrating that koodoo didn't make this available online to customers with no tab. Seems...

Just go to Telus. WiFi calling is included. 
Userlevel 4
Ron Chittaro wrote:

It is frustrating that koodoo didn't make this available online to customers with no tab. Seems...

Do you know if you can get WiFi calling on telus with a lgg4 thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ron Chittaro wrote:

Looks like the only android phone is currently the LG G6: https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/android-wifi-calling-explained
Userlevel 3
I finally got thru. Only a 30 minute wait and the gentleman on the line was able to get both my lines onto the promo plan after a few minutes of him talking to his superiors. Thank you
We just switched from Telus to Koodo to get 60$ 10gb deal Or if your with Koodo switch to Telus
imthatimvernon . wrote:

We just switched from Telus to Koodo to get 60$ 10gb deal Or if your with Koodo switch to Telus

Why switch? Wouldn't a call to them be quicker?
imthatimvernon . wrote:

Either w ay
imthatimvernon . wrote:

When does this d@mnable promo end so phone service can return for all the other issues?