Koodo Community
Question

5gb promotion not showing up on my plan

• 26 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I recently got a new phone and upgraded my plan to the bonus 5gb, for a total of 9gb of data. However, when I log into self serve and look at my rate plan it just says that I have 4gb of shock free data and doesn’t say anything about the promotion plan. Is this normal?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you changed your plan in the middle of a billing cycle, you would only have access to a prorated amount of data for the remaining days of the cycle. In the next billing cycle, you should have access to  complete 9Gb https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration If you had 4GB available as of now, you probably had  13 days left in the billing cycle. I would check if that was the case.

Regarding the plan, can you check your self serve » View rateplan and see your plan is a plan with 9GB?

Thanks for the answer Dinh! When I go into self serve and view rate plan it says my plan is 50 dollars a month and has 4gb, which is why I am confused as I got the plan with 9gb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the answer Dinh! When I go into self serve and view rate plan it says my plan is 50 dollars a month and has 4gb, which is why I am confused as I got the plan with 9gb.

It could be some issue with the purchase or activation. If you saw only 4GB, you were subscribed to the normal $50 (without promotion  add-on +5GB). You need to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist. I would suggest you contact them via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo and ask a social media rep there to change it for you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Jasmine,

I was able to find your account in the system and I can confirm that the monthly amount of data that you can use is 9 GB (4 GB included in your rate plan + 5 GB for $0 as an optional service). 

You should see it also on your Self serve account, on the add-on section. 

Best regards,

Helen

Hi @Helen Koodo I have the same issue. Can’t see the bonus 5 GB add on, just the base 4 GB plan.