Koodo Community

Community

Solved

30 day roaming not working.

So I got 30 day roaming pack before I got to the US i even got the email and txt I got it but now that I'm here it's not working.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pre-paid or post-paid account?

David wrote:

Pre-paid or post-paid account?

Post paid. That's a plan right.
Would someone help me already geeeez Louise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you connected to a carrier or does your phone simply read no service? If it reads no service try manually connecting to a carrier. Have you tried restarting your phone and/or removing and putting back in your sim card?
Allan wrote:

Are you connected to a carrier or does your phone simply read no service? If it reads no service ...

It has x on top of my bars and has no bars. I tried turning it of and taking out the sim and putting it back it and that didn't work. What's a carrier and which one do I choose?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Are you connected to a carrier or does your phone simply read no service? If it reads no service ...

A carrier is just a phone company, Koodo, Bell, AT&T, etc. Generally speaking go into your settings, carrier, than turn off automatic and choose one from the list. If you cant figure out how to do this let us know what kinf of phone you have and we can give step by step instructions.
Allan wrote:

Okay so I can pick any carrier and it won't charge me right. Just the $75 I paid for the roaming package?.?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Correct, your phone should automatically do it but sometimes you have to manually choose which one. All this does is choose what towers you will recieve your signal from.
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

When you return to canada make sure to switch that back to automatic or you won't get service in Canada either.
Allan wrote:

Okay thank you guys very much.