Koodo Community
Question

2GB45 changes not taken effect after 15 days

• 24 June 2019
  • 6 replies

When does my 2GB45 take effect? I received SMS confirmation on June 9 it would be processed in 7 days and it has been 15. I ended up having to top up this month.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is this a prepaid or postpaid account? Prepaid should change instantly, postpaid may occur at start of new billing period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It required a rep to approve/modify the plan for you. I will flag this. Hopefully a Koodo rep can help you here, if not, you would need to contact Koodo directly.
Userlevel 3
Hi, it's a pleasure to look into it 🙂 Could you confirm if this is an offer that you received via text message? Did you reply as per the instructions?
Thanks for the responses! Yes I did receive and reply via text June 9 when I received the offer. I texted 2GB45 as instructed and received the message that it would be processed in 7 days. My previous billing cycle ended June 6 but my understanding was that the extra data would kick in when processed and the billing cycle would either change or be prorated on the next cycle (as has been the case in the past when I adjusted things?). Thanks... Let me know if you need other info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually what happens is that the new plan kicks in on the new billing cycle. Since yours ended (June 6) before you texted (June 9), it might be delayed until your next billing cycle.
Userlevel 3
@Robert T is right. To avoid proration we change the plan starting with the new billing cycle. I confirmed with the team that handles these offers and they applied the plan on the 27th. It will effectively start on 07/07/2019. Hope this helps.