Koodo Community

Community

$20 Data Top Up - How To (Oct 2017)

I just reached 100% data and got the notification.
The notification states type Yes to add 100MB for $5. But I seem to recall there's a way to add 1GB for $20. Searched the community forums, and didn't find a way to add 1GB for $20 (after looking through a lot of old posts). Called Koodo and after waiting on hold for a while, the helpful lady found out, there's a link at the bottom of the notification to add 1GB for $20. She directed me to turn off wifi, then select the link. [b]BOOM...there it was.

Perhaps this How To could be pinned to the top of the Community forum as a sticky for others to find?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wasn't it looks like this when you received text notification? I deleted text when I received it last month, but it was same message and I could just click to access my ss to choose my data option.

Yes...it does look like that. [b]But, I only read the $5 option for 100MB.
I never ever notice the link before....who reads the whole text....ha ha ha.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Omega One wrote:

I never ever notic...

Sounds like the suggested improvement would be on your end to read the entire text message.  I mean I dont know what more Koodo could have done here.
Omega One wrote:

I never ever notic...

My point is I didn't see the $20 link. Came onto this forum and did exhaustive search...no results. Called Koodo customer service....and the rep wasn't initially aware of the link either. After being on hold for 15 minutes, she came back and asked I double check the text message for a link.
Just saying, some time could've been saved had I found information on this forum. Perhaps, post as a sticky. If not, it'll at least there's this thread for future searches.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Omega One wrote:

I never ever notic...

It could be that no one has asked this question since they saw the link.

Either way, your question is in the community now for other to see
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nice, good to know the trick.
Btw, if you spent $20 more for 1GB regularly, then I suggest you call Koodo to get a better plan with more GB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, thanks for your recco this has now been implemented!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Folks, thanks for your recco this has now been implemented!

[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfro...

This is great change. I like that you can see your options in one text.
[b]Nice job Koodo!!
Its nice to see a company actually listen to theirs users.

I'm on the 10GB/month plan now....so hopefully I won't be topping up any time soon.
Userlevel 1
Finally! This is great as a lot of people will be saving money now 🙂