Koodo Community
Solved

1gb35

• 16 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Got an email from koodo saying the $30 plan will be increasing to $33/mo in may but was given the option of getting 1 GB data plus unlimited calling for $35/mo. Apparently all I had to do was text 1gb35 to a number to get this plan. When I tried it I got a reply saying I didn't qualify. ? Do I have to wait till my plan goes up? Or is it a bait and switch?
icon

Best answer by Allan M 16 March 2019, 17:59

Try using caps (1GB35 instead of 1gb35) and the number you should be texting it to is 5241, (given all the offers are using the same number).
Make sure if you have multiple lines on your account that you're redeeming it on the right one and if you just got the email I would wait a few hours and try it again.
If it's still not working you can contact them like David mentioned above.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure you text the exact info in the email.

If it still gives an error, reach out to them at their Facebook or Twitter accounts to get confirmation.

The offer is real, but only available to accounts directly receiving the offer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try using caps (1GB35 instead of 1gb35) and the number you should be texting it to is 5241, (given all the offers are using the same number).
Make sure if you have multiple lines on your account that you're redeeming it on the right one and if you just got the email I would wait a few hours and try it again.
If it's still not working you can contact them like David mentioned above.
Userlevel 1
I'm thinking this is somewhere other than Ontario?
Badge +4
It should be available to anywhere if you received the offer. Did you receive the offer but can't apply it? What plan do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It was only for select legacy plans. Not all $30 plans got this offer.
Well since koodo raised the price on ghis plan... chances are can they raise the price on 10gb $60 plan too in may.
Userlevel 3
Well since koodo raised the price on ghis plan... chances are can they raise the price on 10gb $60 plan too in may.
They are not raising the price of $60 10 GB at this time so their price increases can go under the radar. The public will still think that Koodo doesn't raise prices. Koodo will gain customers from other providers, and they will raise the price on them later.