Koodo Community

Community

15% tab for all!

Userlevel 1
These recent promotions (like the 15% tab or the $50.gift certificate for new plans) certainly attract new customers, but they can make existing customers feel under-appreciated and even ripped-off. Why not have the 15% tab rolled out to all existing customers? I bought a new phone 17 days ago, and thus am stuck with the 10% tab. Why should someone who bought a new phone 3 days after I did be able to pay off their tab 50% faster than I can? There's a sense of unfairness here, and I imagine I'm not the only long-time customer unhappy about this. Attract new customers but keep the existing ones happy as well. Please consider applying the 15% tab for all!

39 replies

Userlevel 6
If you got the phone 17 days ago then presumably you signed up for a plan that were less expensive than the ones you can choose from now. You can change to the more expensive plans and get the 15% tab, but that likely wouldn't make sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you got the phone 17 days ago then presumably you signed up for a plan that were less expensiv...

The 15% tab credit will be applied if you upgrade your phone using tab s. It is available on any plan, even a grandfathered one. Not all the phones have increased in price either, so it makes little sense not to offer the 15% credit to everyone.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you got the phone 17 days ago then presumably you signed up for a plan that were less expensiv...

Yes Timo, that's how I understand it as well. I got the Nexus 4 which hasn't changed price, so basically by buying the phone 3 days too early it will take me an extra year to pay off the tab.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

You can upgrade to the more expensive plans. 🙂 I'm not sure I understand your beef. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

As a Koodo rep explained to me, I could go buy a new phone today and keep my old grandfathered plan and still receive the 15% tab. So unfortunately I bought the phone too early. There's the beef... If I was to switch to a new plan today, I'm not sure what would happen. My feeling is that I'd still keep the 10% tab, since this is what I agreed to when buying the phone. Am I wrong? This latter part is confusing. But you're right, no sense changing to the new plans which are far worse than the one I have now.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

yeah new plans suck
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you were to switch to a new plan you would get the 15%. But as I mentione that may not make sense, it depends on how you use your phone.
Userlevel 2
i started something new based on what i read you said somewhere else i was so angry and i think this is super unfair my first post on koodo community was the initial thread (found below) sorry i was unaware that you already made a thread similiar to mine just thought id let you know. lets keep both threads alive 🙂 and get our opinions out there http://gsfn.us/t/457pq
Userlevel 2
actually this guy Timo just told me that theres another one already in place. unless hes talking about this one and that we should consolidate all of our votes. i voted on yours.. now gotta find the other one (if hes not talkinga bout this one!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
koodo lover wrote:

actually this guy Timo just told me that theres another one already in place. unless hes talking ...

Looks like you found it already, this is the other thread I was talking about.
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

actually this guy Timo just told me that theres another one already in place. unless hes talking ...

thanks 🙂
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

im surprised that others havent said much about the new tab system being unfair. or that at least koodo should implement a loyalty service for oldies who have been with koodo for some time
koodo lover wrote:

It's entirel possible that this new system is a PR move. I reference Microsoft's recent DRM Xbox One debacle. After the large outcry, Microsoft reversed their decision on the DRM. This could be like that. I'm only speculating though. They say any kind of press is good press. They may be doing this for everyone to take notice and then say "we listened to you and now we are going back".
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

well lets hope
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

we only have 5 and 2 voting for both 15% for all initiatives up on koodo community on his and my thread respectively and thats probably not enough to be redflagged for koodo HQ
koodo lover wrote:

If you look at my thread, it current has 9 stars on it. Let's get it more stars and show Koodo there IS a better way.
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

!!! yess !!!
Userlevel 2
koodo lover wrote:

its 11 and 11 now
Userlevel 1
I wrote to Koodo yesterday about this and they just wrote back, informing me that I'll have the 15% tab starting on my next billing cycle. Looks like they're listening after all! We may not see a roll-out to all customers, but if you ask you just may receive! Koodo - you're alright... 🙂
MikeO wrote:

I wrote to Koodo yesterday about this and they just wrote back, informing me that I'll have the 1...

15% instead of 10% is like average 2 dollar extra a month for me. Koodo just raised the price of the device I was gonna buy from them, the galaxy S4, by $100. So any extra tab contributed are offset by the increased device price, resulting in me paying MORE for the same product. Or I will be forced to take a more expensive plan, pay the extra $5-10 tab charge every month, and wait 24 months to clear the tab balance, which is still way more money overall. NOT a good deal at all
Userlevel 6
MikeO wrote:

I wrote to Koodo yesterday about this and they just wrote back, informing me that I'll have the 1...

How did you score that MikeO? Did you upgrade your phone?
Userlevel 2
MikeO wrote:

yeah how did u score that mikeo? was it just exclusively to you since you wrote to them or a new amendment to the regulation that they will do for all?
Userlevel 1
MikeO wrote:

Yes, please explain this!
Userlevel 1
MikeO wrote:

I upgraded my phone a couple weeks before the 15% tab was offered, so officially I was stuck with the 10% tab. So I wrote to Koodo asking for a favour, since I've been with them 4 years and only just missed out on the 15% offer. And so they gave me the 15%. My circumstances are unique I suppose, but it's worth asking for 15% whatever your circumstances if you're a loyal customer!
MikeO wrote:

Unless Koodo wants thousands of people calling them, they should really make this clear