Feedback
$15 per month "text only" question | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

$15 per month "text only" question

• 21 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Just wondering if the pay-per-use aspect applies only to outgoing SMS messages on the $15 per month plan, or incoming as well.

icon

Best answer by Attila Koodo 21 July 2021, 18:20

Hi there, @skyparker 

Here is the info you were looking for. :)

• Canada-wide and international picture and video messaging is not included and will incur PPU charges of 30 ¢ per outgoing message.

• International text messaging is not included and will incur PPU charges of 15 ¢ per outgoing message.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you mean the 15 dollar postpaid starter plan? It includes Canada-wide SMS. Incoming is always free but in this case you get outgoing as well to Canada included.

Do you mean the 15 dollar postpaid starter plan? It includes Canada-wide SMS. Incoming is always free but in this case you get outgoing as well to Canada included.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that’s the plan I mean, though I failed to be specific about my query. What I was wondering is if the pay-per-use for multimedia messages applies to incoming SMS messages as well. Based on what you’ve said about incoming always being free, I’m thinking that the pay-per-use part doesn’t apply to incoming pictures/video texts. Is that the case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to use MMS, the prepaid plan is the way to go, it has no restrictions either sending or receiving them. The postpaid starter plan has very prohibitive cost per MMS.

I'm not sure about incoming MMS though, so I have flagged an employee to shed some light on that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there, @skyparker 

Here is the info you were looking for. :)

• Canada-wide and international picture and video messaging is not included and will incur PPU charges of 30 ¢ per outgoing message.

• International text messaging is not included and will incur PPU charges of 15 ¢ per outgoing message.