Koodo Community

Community

Solved

15$ canada wide plan old plan, new tab...

Hi, I have had the 15$ Canada wide plan for at least 7 years now and it suits me perfectly. Last August, I had to update my phone as my old filp phone did not have a SIM card. I bought a smartphone but kept my plan. Seeing that Canada wide plans offer caller ID, I called the support desk to see why I did not see my callers on my new phone. I was told that it was because I has an old plan. Reason accepted. Before the switch, my account worked with a tab that reduced my tab by 10% the total bill amount. Ever since August, my bill has had a tab charge over and above my monthly bill - the new way of doing it. My question is: how come there is a two tear system? When it comes to newer plan options (e.g. caller ID on all Canada wide plans), the old way prevails, whereas when it comes to tabs suddenly we use "modern" ways? I personally find it quite frustrating to see that Koodo seems to be pulling the blanket in only one direction.... I would of asked this question in private, but trying to send an email via my account brings me in a loop back to the community support.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The tab is not built into the plan. When you have an old "grandfathered" plan, you keep the good and the bad with it. Tabs are not a permanently ongoing thing, but rather when they end, it's over and you sign on to a new tab each time. And if the rules change for a tab, you lose the old one for the new one, much like if you were to change your plan you are picking out a current one only.
Hi Goran. Thanks for the quick reply. What I don't get though is, if as you say the tab changes independently of the plan, then how come I was still credited 10% on my tab up until August this year, even though tabs have changed several times the way they work over the years I thought that since my tab payment method did not change, I indeed had a grandfather clause.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loulie wrote:

Hi Goran. Thanks for the quick reply. What I don't get though is, if as you say the tab change...

The 10% discount stayed with you until you got a new phone Loulie, sadly that got you into the new Tab system and you can't go back to the 10% discount again even when you pay off your new Tab.
Thanks Sophia. I still feel that I lost as I had NO other choice BUT to get a new phone. i would have happily stayed with my old phone and my old tab system.... May I please ask Koodo think about adding the new features to older Canada wide plans as a kind of compensation for so many years of fidelity... Not just for me, but everyone else out there who have older plans - They all have had to be faithful to Koodo to still have these, and anyone in marketing knows how precious that is.... Thanks for your consideration.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loulie wrote:

Thanks Sophia. I still feel that I lost as I had NO other choice BUT to get a new phone. i woul...

You are correct, a new phone was needed, as the old will not work once Telus closes the ancient CDMA cell network.
You have benefited from a $10+  discount each month for the past few years by remaining faithful to your old phone & plan. You also were given the opportunity to keep that plan with your new phone, but found it didn't meet your needs, and chose to change it to the one that has the additional tools you want.

While it would be great to keep old prices, and still get the new features, that is not the way of the world, unfortunately.
Thank you for your reply. Oh, and by the way, I did not change my plan, and I do not believe I was rude in any way...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loulie wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Oh, and by the way, I did not change my plan, and I do not believe I ...

If you bought the phone outright from Koodo or any other compatible unlocked phone you would still be on the same old plan and tab structure
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Loulie wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Oh, and by the way, I did not change my plan, and I do not believe I ...

I don't believe anyone has indicated you have been rude in any way. If you feel my comments so suggest, my apologies.