Koodo Community

Community

Solved

10GB $60

Userlevel 2
I called, the message says to try later.  I tried later, same message.  I tried later and same message.  I cannot get to a store so calling is my only option - I have emailed Koodo asking that they switch my plan for me to the 10GB for $60 - will this be honored/done?

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Also - I know you've heard it before, but your management should have added this option to your self serve menu and saved you guys a boat load of headaches.
Mr Poopy Butthole wrote:

Also - I know you've heard it before, but your management should have added this option to your s...

What number did you call? I called the 1855-205-2112 number and have been on hold ever since. The other number they give you go straight to an automated message.

Mr Poopy Butthole wrote:

Also - I know you've heard it before, but your management should have added this option to your s...

I tried both numbers Megan and have been on hold for 90 minutes with each number.  I DM;d them on twitter and messaged them on facebook.  Not sure how much longer I can put my life on hold to wait for this.  Good luck!
Mr Poopy Butthole wrote:

Well I finally got through and got my deal after paying the tab. Woohoo! Good luck to everyone...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you have to wait for the customer service to write down your name, your number and with a promise to call your back to honor the plan. I am not sure if writing an email will do it.
Userlevel 2
Dinh wrote:

I think you have to wait for the customer service to write down your name, your number and with a...

oh.  super.
Userlevel 2
Dinh wrote:

I think you have to wait for the customer service to write down your name, your number and with a...

Its hard to do when you can't even be placed on hold to speak with someone, and even when you do, you get the old "click" as soon as you are connected.  This is brutal.  I'm new to koodo and this service is beyond atrocious.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

My only advice is to call again, or wait till early morning tomorrow.

Koodo seems to be under-prepared for the promotion. Telus/koodo was the one to open price war on Ontario anyway. They should know the population there is double the size of BC/AB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/18/support-lines-go-quiet-due-to-massive-response-to-6010gb-promotions-from-canadian-carriers/ It's happening across all carriers. You best bet is to sign up as a new customer at a kiosk or to sign up with a new provider
Dinh wrote:

I suggest signing up with another provider. Seems like most providers are offering the same thing with less headache
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I would suggest the same too
Dinh wrote:

I was on hold for hours yesterday to be told this is only for new customers. The CS rep wrote down my name with promise of someone from customers retention to call me back this morning. Nothing yet. I battled the classic 'press 1 for english and hang up' service they had this morning and finally made it through to the queue. My friend who is an existing customer of Koodo called this morning right at 8, got through in 10 mins, and had a CS rep change her current plan to the new one so I either plan on not hanging up until they change my plan or changing providers. 

It's sad to think I was able to call Rogers and get my son's cell plan upgraded to the 10GB offer but I can't get through to my own cell phone provider.  A friend of mine just walked down the mall to another provider and signed up with them....after so many years, they just walked away from Koodo. SAD business practice, that's for sure.