Koodo Community

Community

Solved

10% off for 2nd and 3rd lines

I already have a monthly line with koodo. I have two more lines with fido and I'm thinking of switching both lines over for the 28$/month koodo plan. Does koodo offer any byod 10% off, or a 10% off discount for second and third line under the same account?

11 replies

Userlevel 1
There is no extra discount, but if you refer the other lines they give you $25 for you and the others as well that you bring over.
Userlevel 6
ZetaAbramovic wrote:

There is no extra discount, but if you refer the other lines they give you $25 for you and the ot...

Hi Zeta, due to the changes made on the Balance system, the Refer-a-friend program is currently suspended. It will be back soon though 🙂 Thank you!
Userlevel 6
ZetaAbramovic wrote:

There is no extra discount, but if you refer the other lines they give you $25 for you and the ot...

And.... today is the day! It has been launched this morning http://koo.do/1SAmGC8 🙂 Thank you!
fido has a 10% off for 2nd and 3rd lines under the same account, that's why I was asking. Actually I want to have all lines under the same account to get the family calling thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorin Ch wrote:

fido has a 10% off for 2nd and 3rd lines under the same account, that's why I was asking. Actual...

Koodo use to offer a 10% discount on plans for BYOD but now it's just been put directly into the price of the plans basically as plans have dropped more than 10% since getting rid of the discount a few weeks ago. Nothing special for multiple lines though but you will get the free calling between lines which makes up for any discount especially if you talk to the other lines alot.
Sorin Ch wrote:

fido has a 10% off for 2nd and 3rd lines under the same account, that's why I was asking. Actual...

"you will get the free calling between lines which makes up for any discount especially if you talk to the other lines alot." Not if you are getting a plan that already includes unlimited calling.
Userlevel 7
I think I suggested (or at least supported someone else who suggested it) this for over a year now. Fido and Virgin currently offer multi line discounts, as well as similar if not identical BYOD plans, and Koodo doesn't. You guys should really consider this if you're not going to match their value added services either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I think I suggested (or at least supported someone else who suggested it) this for over a year no...

I made the suggestion as well when I first joined Koodo, around 3 years ago. I came from WIND who had (and still has) a multi-line discount.
so the 25 credits can only be used towards buying a phone, or is 25$ that I can use towards paying the bill? If i have the one active line and tranfer my 2 other fido lines to koodo, will I get 2X25 credits, or 2X(2X25) , since both the person who brings a new client, and the client, they both receive 25 credits? So since I'm the same person....? 🙂
Userlevel 3
Sorin Ch wrote:

so the 25 credits can only be used towards buying a phone, or is 25$ that I can use towards payin...

The other lines would have to be under a different name on the same account. They will get their credit and you will get yours, which is the 2x25 you mentioned.
Userlevel 6
Sorin Ch wrote:

so the 25 credits can only be used towards buying a phone, or is 25$ that I can use towards payin...

Hi Sorin, the $25 credit will be applied to your Tabs http://koo.do/1FDbgqx 🙂 Thank you!