Koodo Community

Community

Solved

10 days free data good when travelling out of country?

I just bought a new phone with Koodo and i have unlimited data for 10 days. I am going to the USA this weekend. Will my data work? Or do I have to pay for the $30 100mg US data and texting add on?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Vicki, Are you sure that you have unlimited data? As far as I'm aware Koodo doesn't offer an unlimited data plan and regardless of how many days you have until your next billing cycle it will be the amount of data you'd have for an entire month. As for your concern in regards to going to the United States, your phone will work when in the United States but you have the option of using pay per use data as $5/ 20 Mb. Or you can add the roaming package to your plan for the few days you will be traveling. I've provided a link to check out which packages are available https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html Hope this helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Vicki, Are you sure that you have unlimited data? As far as I'm aware Koodo doesn't offer ...

The unlimited data you speak of is overage protection when you first start with your phone as people are unfamiliar with how to use data appropriately. If you abuse it, don't be surprised if the unlimited data incurs limits. As for the roaming, Daniel has got you covered