Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$10 BYOD Discount

Is this discount still available or is it too late to add to account?

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The promo ended December 28.
Oh, Okay 😞. Damn should have been more diligent!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zishan wrote:

Early bird gets the worm!
Userlevel 6
Zishan wrote:

Yet the 2nd mouse gets the cheese 🙂 That logic rarely applies to Koodo promotions. Mind you, promos always change, sometimes they get better, sometimes they become less appealing. Depends on what competitors offer and how badly carriers push for activations towards end of quarter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Good news guys - the promo was actually extended until Jan. 3! Still time to take advantage of this for a couple more days 🙂
Ranjan wrote:

Good news guys - the promo was actually extended until Jan. 3! Still time to take advantage of th...

So if I activated two new lines on December 21 I should receive the $10 BYOD discount for the first year per line? The plan is signed up for is the QC 8GB plan
Userlevel 1
Ranjan wrote:

Good news guys - the promo was actually extended until Jan. 3! Still time to take advantage of th...

Is the discount only for new  a activation and in what area. I do not see it advertised any where.
Ranjan wrote:

I got the discount added to my account! Thanks Ranjan for the head up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

@Tyler - I believe the promotion was for 6-months during that period, but if you activated two brand new lines with your own phones, then yes - you would qualify. 

@Psfl - Yes, the discount only applies to new activations where you bring your own device. It's a national promotion available until tomorrow (Jan. 3).

@Zishan - glad to hear you were able to take advantage 🙂
Userlevel 1
Ranjan wrote:

Ranjan  thanks for the reply.
Ranjan wrote:

Appreciate the reply and yes, I opened two brand new lines and brought my existing phones. Thanks
Ranjan wrote:

Ranjan - there is a lot of confusion with regards to how one obtains the credit. Do you need to call in or will it automatically apply if you activated a new byod line after 2 weeks?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hey Omar - if activating in-store, it should have been mentioned by the sales rep. If you've activated and did not discuss, shoot us a private message on Facebook and we can help look into this with you. 
Ranjan wrote:

Thanks Ranjan, was discussed and they mentioned it's a macro which will apply itself. No need to call in.. is that true?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

That is true. As long as it was discussed and provisioned correctly by the agent, it will be applied on the back end by your second or third bill. 
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ranjan, 

I was not offered the $10 byod discount when I signed up. How can I get this please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hey - I don't see an account matching your email address, so will need to clarify a couple of things:
- When did you activate, and was it a brand new line?
- Did you use a phone you already owned, or did you get a new one from Koodo?
Ranjan wrote:

I brought my own phone. I activated Sat. Nov.26 and its a brand new line. the email is eatmorecords@hotmail.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Sorry Nathan, unfortunately you activated a while before the promo actually began.
Ranjan wrote:

thanks for letting me know. i didnt know how far back it went.

Ranjan wrote:

Hi , is there miniumum monthly plan i need to get to receive this 10&% discount ?
Ranjan wrote:

Ranjan can you help me out please, I called the Koodo phone line but they didn't really sound confident in their answers. I signed up yesterday and the agent at the store told me if I called in I could get 10$ off for BYOD. I called into the phone support and they all seemed confused but ended up saying it should automatically appear. Can you confirm please 🙂  It's timhoo@gmail.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

The agent at the store should have applied the discount.
Ranjan wrote:

There is no code or discount to apply when activating a new line. It's been confirmed that the discount will apply itself after a few weeks.
That is this?
Partial charges
$22.00 $55 3GB Unltd min Plan SFD (Jan 03 To Jan 14)

-$18.00 Canada-Wide Data Double 60 (Jan 03 To Jan 14)

This bill I never got my 25% discount? why not?