Koodo Community

Community

Workplace Employee Discount for Koodo Mobile Users

Dear Koodo Mobile,

I believe Koodo Mobile can benefit in obtaining a wider variety of content customers and promote an excellent saving deal if there is an employee discount offered at their workplace for Koodo Mobile users.

From personal experience I currently have a Superstore employee 25% discount Koodo phone plan. I was very fortunate to apply for this discount last year because it was advertised at my workplace, The Real Canadian Superstore. This employee discount was a promotion and is no longer available therefore I feel even more thankful I came across it on time.

I'm very pleased with my discount because:
- I had left my mother's family plan to independently pay my own phone's plan at an affordable and cheap price 
- I didn't have to change my phone plan
- It was an easy process to apply filling out a document paper and demonstrate my employee card
- I receive a discount every month

This idea can be easily launched with the following factors & steps:

Who (who will receive the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount?) : 
- Employees working at The Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Loblaws, No Frills, Coppas, Freshco, Pharma Plus, Staples, IKEA, Best Buy, Future Shop, Urban Planet, Cineplex, Old Navy, McDonalds, Subway, Tim Hortons, Pet Valu, Dollarama and so much more big brand companies (Final decision will be made by Koodo Mobile)

What (what will be displayed to promote the Workplace Employee Discount for Koodo users):
- An advertisement poster can be used (cheap, attractive and easy to put up)
- The percentage of the discount that will be applied on the phone plan (Mine was promoting 25% but it can stay or be higher (Final decision will be made by Koodo Mobile)
- Other benefits such as "No need to change phone plan or number, save more than original phone plan price, Free Caller ID, Free Voicemail, Start saving next month and etc (Final decision will be made by Koodo Mobile)

When: The Koodo Employee Discount can be promotional event that can be advertised for several months and have a deadline for applicants OR it can be a lifetime availability with no deadline (Final decision will be made by Koodo Mobile)

How:
- Koodo Mobile will have to contact these companies and finalize an agreement that they have permission to allow the company's employees to be eligible to apply for the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount and be able to display advertisement posters in the employees' lunch room and/or any employee billboard, a completed form is offered with the advertisement poster or be accessible through Koodo's mobile website. 
- Employee must have an Employee card or Employee discount card and a recent pay statement that states their current Employee account number
- Interested employees can complete the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount form (the original form that I had completed last year is in perfect format) physically, scan and upload their employee card & recent pay statement, and then email it to Koodo Mobile OR complete the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount form online on Koodo Mobile's website in a separate tab stating "Workplace Employee Discount", scan and upload their employee card & recent pay statement, and then email it to Koodo Mobile
- Customer will follow up the first week of the next month to verify that their Koodo Employee Discount form, Employee card, and information has been viewed and accepted for discount on their next phone bill

End results:
- Koodo Mobile earns a higher income from a high amount of new paying customers
- Koodo Mobile have another higher benefit against their competitive phone companies
- Koodo Mobile makes their customers happy therefore they are happy 
- Koodo Mobile start having more long term customers

- Employee Customer are happy with their new savings
- Employee Customer are highly likely to stay with Koodo as their mobile service 
- Employee Customer are more willing to spread the message of the Workplace Employee Discount deal
- Employee Customer will provide positive reviews/feedback on their new phone plan service and price

Happy Superstore Employee/ Koodo Mobile User,

Marisol 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Well thought out idea, Marisol
where can i find the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount form? ALso, how long did it take for the discount to apply?
Userlevel 7
Kelvin NG wrote:

where can i find the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount form? ALso, how long did it take for the d...

Contact your manager.
Userlevel 2
Kelvin NG wrote:

where can i find the Workplace Employee Koodo Discount form? ALso, how long did it take for the d...

Kelvin, I believe Marisol just made a suggestion as an entry in the ongoing Koodo GOOD IDEAS to Improve the Koodo experience contest. So, to my knowledge , the form you asked about, does NOT EXIST, yet.