Koodo Community

Community

Solved

wondering if you can lock my whole phone since it was stolen

i watched my account everyday to see if anyone would text from my phone out to someone but fell asleep at a friends and woke up and it was gonefrom my pocket... was wondering since the phone company and phone is from koodo if you guys could lock the whole phone until its found , so there is no way to get onto the phone at all 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you report it lost or stolen, Koodo will deactivate the SIM. But unless you have pre-installed some locking or tracking software, whoever has the phone will have access to your data if they can get past your unlock screen or passwords.

You can check with the manufacturer of your phone. Apple, Samsung, LG and others offer ways of tracking and disabling, but these offerings are extremely limited unless you have made prior arrangements.

Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If you report it lost or stolen, Koodo will deactivate the SIM. But unless you have pre-installed...

When you report the phone as lost or stolen, the device imei gets reported to the lost and stolen data base. This means no one else can activate it on any network in North America. Both iphone and Android give you the ability to remotely log into your phone and erase it. For iPhone it's available through your iCloud account For android login to the android device manager. I think BB has the same offering.