Koodo Community

Community

Solved

woke up to a crack in my nexus 5 screen

has anyone had their screen replaced for the nexus 5 and knows what the cost would be ? I have no idea what happened to the phone but I woke up this morning and found a crack across the screen. still works fine but the phone is three days old so im a little annoyed

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The cost is about $150 to fix the screen on average. Really you'll only know the exact amount by bringing it to your local kiosk so they can send it away for repair, they will contact you with an estimate before they do the work on it and get the Ok from you.
iPhix will do it for $176 plus tax. Same thing happened to me , wokeup to a cracked screen. Seems to be a problem with the 5'S. So much so that Google offers free repair/replace. Unfortunatly only if you bought from US Google store and is less than a year old.
iPhix does it in an hour and a half no need to send it away. The reason it costs so much is the LCD and glass are one unit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Kawalauskas wrote:

iPhix does it in an hour and a half no need to send it away. The reason it costs so much is the L...

Are you advertising for them? You've resurrected 2 old threads to mention them.