Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wireless home phone system as a gift

My father in law is interested in the Koodo wireless home service. He is a tired Bell customer. I would like to buy him the box and sim card as a.gift. The credit card must match the billing and shipping address, what can be done ? He knows nothing about computers and does not want nor needs a credit card. I live in Quebec and he lives in Ontario, what can we do for him ?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could purchase the device at a retail shop, and ultimately set it up in Ontario using direct payments from a bank account each month.
David wrote:

You could purchase the device at a retail shop, and ultimately set it up in Ontario using direct ...

At this time it cost $30 more to purchase it in the store and I have the same issue as the person above. I want to purchase the home phone system for my Mom who doesn't have a credit card either and lives at a different address than me. Can the phone system be used anywhere? And is there a phone number assigned when you order the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You could purchase the device at a retail shop, and ultimately set it up in Ontario using direct ...

Yes, the WHP can be used anywhere there is a sufficiently strong cellular signal. It will be assigned a number, which can be changed in self-serve once you receive the device.