Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wireless home phone hub isn't recognizing the SIM card

I just purchased Koodo Wireless Home Phone this morning. Once I got home I plugged in the hub and the signal strength light keeps flashing red. Which indicates that I have to check the SIM card. The SIM card was installed by the Koodo employee at the store. It's in the right position so what do I do now?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remove & reinsert the SIM and see if that helps, else you may have to return to the shop for corrective action for either the SIM or the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port your number you had to the unit? Ports can take up to 48 hours to become active if you did which may be the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Did you port your number you had to the unit? Ports can take up to 48 hours to become active if y...

Is there a temporary number attached to the SIM which should allow a dial tone and outbound calls until the port completes, Paul?
Ok I think it's because of the porting of the number. I already tried taking the SIM card out and puttig it back. If it's still doing it on Friday I'll head back to the store. Thanks!
I had koodo hub 3 days ago and requested to port the number ,now the hub is blinking red the device is not reading SIM card,talked to koodo technical support ,they said they cannot do anything about it i have to take the hub to koodo store which is 135 km from my place whick sucks.For another 2-3 days i cannot use my number no incoming or outgoing calls,really frustrated.Wondering why they send defective new equipment and ask customers to pay gas and return the equipment, didn't expected this from Koodo, We are with koodo since 6 years feel like giving up with them