Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wireless home phone and porting my number from Bell

We want to port our Bell home phone to Koodo wireless home phone. The bill comes in my husbands name. Am I going to have an issue trying to port the Bell number to Koodo if he isn't with me? Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes your husband will have to be there if the account is in his name.
If it was in both of our names would we both have to be there as well? Or if I have him call Bell and change it to my name would that work? Even if I don't have a current bill with my name on it... I'm trying to get in on the $5 for 12 months deal. But he is working everyday this week with no time to get him to the Koodo store.... I hate Bell with a passion! Lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicole wrote:

If it was in both of our names would we both have to be there as well? Or if I have him call Bell...

Buy the device, and set it up using a Koodo number. You can port your Bell number at a later date, once you sort it out with Bell. This will allow you to avail of the current promotion, though you will pay two telephone fees for a little while.

Nicole wrote:

If it was in both of our names would we both have to be there as well? Or if I have him call Bell...

That could work! Thanks!!
Nicole wrote:

i am getting an error when i am trying to port my home number DSL_lnum is prohibited?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicole wrote:

Who is your current provider?

DSL = Digital Subscriber Line
iNum = International Numbers a +888 or +883-5100 worldwide number
Nicole wrote:

bell