Koodo Community

Community

wireless home phone

Concerning the wireless home phone service, the answers to the following questions seem obvious but none the less (since FAQs are not clear on the subject)...1. During electric outages, does the hub and service still works (is there a battery pack we can purchase to address the eventuality of an electric outage)? 2. Can we put multiple wired hanseds with a splitter (the FAQs explains 1 wired phone or 2 DECT handsets). It doesn't address the possibility of using a phone line splitter? 3. How can we test our home signal quality before purchasing the hub and the service?
Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. Battery supports 4-5 hours of talk time and 24 hours of standby time when unplugged
2. There is no reason as to why a splitter can't be used so it should work but I can't confirm this
3. If you have a cell phone and can get reception throughout your house this will mean that you should (generally) be good.
Thank you, that was quike. The problem is that I don't have a cell phone. I will use this device as a replacement for my current landline, I think I will prefer it to Voip, . I am in a rural area, I don't use the current landline phone much in general (30 minutes a month), and I also have no idea of signal quality near my home...I was wondering if we can rent signal monitors somewhere? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Denys Picard wrote:

Thank you, that was quike. The problem is that I don't have a cell phone. I will use this device ...

The best I can suggest is to take a look and see if there are any cell towers close by (Bell, Telus).You can view a cell tower map here:
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If you know someone with a cell phone it would be easiest to get them to come over and let you know what the signal strength is like. 
That is very kind Allan, I will follow the link, I know the closest tower I have seen is about 4Km with no big obstructions or Lines. I will follow your advice, have a nice day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Denys Picard wrote:

That is very kind Allan, I will follow the link, I know the closest tower I have seen is about 4K...

The closest tower to me right now is about 5-6km away and I am getting useable service so it seems as though you'll be okay.
You have a great day too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can return the device within 14 days if you find it does not work in your location.
David wrote:

You can return the device within 14 days if you find it does not work in your location.

Thank you!