Koodo Community

Community

Win a phone contest adjustment

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo tested the idea of giving away a phone a month or two ago (the Galaxy S3) and there were issues having ppl gaming the system and causing a headache for many. I believe this was to give away a phone each month which is 12 phones in the period of a year. Everyone loves the idea of winning a new phone and I think Koodo could implement this with the badgeville / point system in the forum quite well as gaming for points can't really occur as easily to aquire the needed badges to collect all the badges as many different things need to be done to aquire these badges. It takes quite awhile to collect all the badges so ppl couldn't be flash in the pan posters to win a phone then leave as well, there would have to be a commitment to win. As its hard to get all the badges Koodo wouldn't be giving away as many phones either which saves them money. Anyways I think that when a person acquires all the badges in the badgeville game that they should win a new phone & get to choose any phone in Koodos lineup at the time. Knowing that if you put some time and effort into helping out in the forum and can collect all the badges that you get to pick 1 of ANY of the phones that Koodo carries would definitely get more ppl contributing. The other way you get a phone that you may or may not want so while still good it's not as awesome as getting to choose. what do you think, would that make more of the ppl here contribute more than they do now? Do you think it would draw more ppl to start contributing in the forum without the fiasco that happened last time?

24 replies

Userlevel 1
To be honest with you Paul, I completely agree with your suggestion, I don't know what Koodo Team responsible of giving away free phones think of your idea, even if I prefer kind of Lotto Drawing with names on basket and Luckier name will be drawn like in Quebec Lotto. It sounds crazy, but this is the only way to please all posters
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

To be honest with you Paul, I completely agree with your suggestion, I don't know what Koodo Team...

I like the full random draw with everyone's name. There are a lot of people who are not technology literate who are left out like my mom
Userlevel 7
MatB wrote:

To be honest with you Paul, I completely agree with your suggestion, I don't know what Koodo Team...

The problem with the last contest was it said hey help out in the community and gain points for prizes. Disaster. And people like your mom, other than posting ideas, wouldn't really be of much help. And there were tens of other ppl just like her posting. Cluttering the community with garbage and pushing legit issues to the bottom of the list. Even reading this discussion, some of the posters didn't even bother to read the whole op before contributing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

I agree that cluttering the forums does a disservice to the community
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think it would be a nice idea! For sure people would contribute a little more on the forum without all the fiasco of last time. I'm curious what Koodo thinks about it. PS: I love your tags 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I think it would be a nice idea! For sure people would contribute a little more on the forum with...

;-)
Userlevel 6
I didnt really read everything but I like the idea of giving a new phone. Maybe focus more on the west this time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

I didnt really read everything but I like the idea of giving a new phone. Maybe focus more on the...

That's the thing is there wouldn't be focus anywhere because you control your own fate & you have to earn your choice of phone.
Userlevel 7
The problem is the gaming. It was a total disaster and actually alot of us who get feeds and such from the community shut those feeds off. We were bombarded with things like "hi" and "Oh yeah" Thank goodness someone who was actually contributing something won. I don't like the idea of a contest to drive traffic to a help community. When people need help that's the time to turn to the community. People who are unaware of the community will likely turn to social media first (FaceBook, Twitter) where they could then be made aware this option is available. or through banner ads on Koodo's website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

The problem is the gaming. It was a total disaster and actually alot of us who get feeds and such...

You can't game the badgeville game though and the game already exists your just rewarding those who aquire all the badges with the ultimate reward. It's not like you could win it in a month it takes time, look it took me like 7 months to aquire all them, you let ppl know that it will take 6 months or more so get ready to make a serious commitment if you want the chance to get a phone. This would reward everyone here who is a regular in the forum and not someone who is coming just to put a stupid answer to aquire an entry into a draw.
Paul, I agree with you for the need for changes, but how about consider a free reviewer contract. (ok virgin did something like this) Beta test a new phone and agree to blog about it. after so many rated entries the phone is yours to keep...or you have to return it. Would that work?
Userlevel 7
I don't think Koodo should give away anymore phones. Lesson learned from the first time. I don't find this idea valid because (no offence WHATSOEVER paul) but you have all the badges and your opinion is biased
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

I don't think Koodo should give away anymore phones. Lesson learned from the first time. I don't ...

I might have all the badges but everyone is working towards this as well. Your saying you wouldn't like to pick any phone in Koodos lineup when you complete all the badges? Also the last time they gave away phones would be completely different than this like I said because it's not you put whatever and get an entry into a contest you have at least 6 months of work to do to aquire them all. Also I didn't say to advertise it on Facebook just keep it so when you come here on your own accord you will eventually find out that if you keep helping out you can get a phone more ppl would stick with it and help out more.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

I don't think Koodo should give away anymore phones. Lesson learned from the first time. I don't ...

I don't like the idea of contests associated with a help group. Just do it to do it because helping makes you happy and increases your geek cred. Want phones? Work hard like you did and become MM, you'll have more toys than you'll know what to do with
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Good point Chad "Just do it because helping makes you happy" I feel this phrase coming from the bottom of your heart because I feel same sentiment, but I think if Koodo promessed to give away free phones then "Promise made is a Debit unpaid", Koodo has to meet posters expectations
Ahmad wrote:

Mat, I think you're having a similar problem with your keyboard as mine. For me the "R" key loose.
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

No clue of what you're talking about .. sorry pale!
Userlevel 5
It's a good idea Paul but in my opinion, I rather not have the community and Koodo be hosting contests and offers through the community. I just find that it increases spam a lot and it's not worth it. Same as Ahmad, I don't think it's a good idea to have these kind of stuff to increase traffic. I think the only "benefit" or "contest" type Koodo should keep is the Mobile Master as it doesn't really get people to spam but encourages other to post and to help out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like the idea of being able to pick any phone with the marketing geared toward a new phone release of course
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They must have already had the same idea as I received my.gift for collecting all the badges. Not saying this is the.gift others will get but this is what I received

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

They must have already had the same idea as I received my.gift for collecting all the badges. Not...

WOW, awesome, congrats, Paul!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They must have already had the same idea as I received my.gift for collecting all the badges. Not...

OMG. Paul! What are you going to do with El tabador (^_^) Soooo Cool!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I like how the picture makes El Tabador as big as the door hehehe
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. I'm going to put him in my office with the other Koodo swag I've received, he'll watch over all my phones and protect them lol. I wish he was as big as the door that would be even cooler, still at almost 3ft tall he's an intimidating force lol