Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will others be charged if they call my out-of-province number?

Moving for a year for school. I know I get free long distance across Canada but if I keep my Winnipeg phone number will others in the BC area be charged when calling me?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
That would depend on their current cell phone plan. If they don't have Canada-wide or any LD calling then yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Situations like this with a mobile population I wish the CRTC would eliminate all Canadian long distance charges
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Situations like this with a mobile population I wish the CRTC would eliminate all Canadian long d...

Then all the plans will increase in price again or give up the unlimited plans and have stricter minute plans again. They'll always find a way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Situations like this with a mobile population I wish the CRTC would eliminate all Canadian long d...

Good point. It needs to be well thought out or it will be a complete joke like the pursuit of a new entrant that will become a major 4th player in the market
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

Correct me if im wrong, but most wireless carriers do offer nationwide minutes on new plans now. Most of the LD charges now come from landline phones.