Koodo Community
Question

Will Koodo unlock my phone

Based on the new code for wireless users released today A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Samsung S4 Mini from Koodo and paid in full. Does that mean I can get them to unlock it for me at no cast? R

10 replies

Userlevel 2
You can unlock it but it's a $50 cost.
Userlevel 7
To unlock a phone, your account has to be in good standing for 3 months and the unlock cost is 50$. What new code? I'm just curious 🙂
Userlevel 1
To unlock a phone, your account has to be in good standing for 3 months and the unlock cost is 50...He's talking about the new wireless code in Canada. It really has nothing to do with unlocking phones though. I would recommend (unless it's an iPhone) to do it through a third party site for a lot less.
Userlevel 5
To unlock a phone, your account has to be in good standing for 3 months and the unlock cost is 50...The new code does have an Unlock provision (although it doesn't state that it is free as quasarito below said). What it does say is. 1. If a subsidy is given, the carrier must provide means to have it unlocked after 90 days. 2. If no subsidy is given (outright purchase), the carrier must provide means to have it unlocked immediately.
Userlevel 2
The Wireless Code does not state that you can unlock your phone for free. It only states that you can have your phone unlocked.
Nope you have to pay for unlocking from koodo..you can get this service from any third party like http://www.unlock-zone.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/rs5wp9
What you guys talking about unlock phone? Is this to unlock the phone so you could use it to other phone company provider. Or unlock phone so you could use it. *** Normen of Canada ***
yes you can ...call to Koodo service provider or get it from any third party unlocking service provider
Who is the service provide in Nova Scotia, Canada. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I would like to have unlocked. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Who is the service provide in Nova Scotia, Canada. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I would like to ha...Hi Dave, you can call koodo to unlock your phone for $35 as long as your account's been in good standing for 3 months. The other option is getting it unlocked by a 3rd party service. Some credible ones are cellunlocker.net or gsmliberty. 🙂