Koodo Community

Community

Will Koodo be offering something similar to the upcoming Telus 'extend' feature? Allows talk and text on WIFI with laptop or tablet.

Userlevel 1
Telus has a new feature in beta called 'Extend', It allows subscribers to make free calls and texts via a wifi connection using phones, tablets and computers. Will Koodo be offering a similar feature?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There haven't been any announcements so far, Darrell... but my first guess would be that it will be a Telus exclusive. Only time will tell 🙂
Userlevel 6
It's only in "testing" mode even for Telus. Not open to the public, you had to have an invite to be able to access. From what I read this was meant to be for places with poor cell coverage where they can offload the traffic to wi-fi. That said I don't see why koodo wouldn't offer this if telus makes it available. Maybe it will just work.:-)
Userlevel 7
There's been VoIP apps for years that can already do this. This is just a Telus branded version of the same technology so while it's a nice ability, it's not that new or exciting.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

There's been VoIP apps for years that can already do this. This is just a Telus branded version o...

The ability to answer calls and texts to your standard cell number is indeed nice, particularly because I am in a poor reception area.
Userlevel 3
Any new development on this feature? I have a million VoIP app, but none uses my cell #
Userlevel 7
MD wrote:

Any new development on this feature? I have a million VoIP app, but none uses my cell #

Nope.
Userlevel 3
This would be a nice feature to have. 🙂 If Telus has success with it, I'm hoping Koodo will implement it.
Userlevel 3
Should we move this to an "idea" rather than question? Then people could upvote it to show interest. /EDIT NVM...lack of coffee, this IS an idea.