Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be refunded the balance credit I have in my account if I close my Koodo account?

Hi, when I opened my Koodo account, I brought my own phone to them so I didn't have to use the balance to pay any new phone. Now it's been quite some time and I noticed that every month I'm paying to put some cash in my tab. It's now over 100$ accumulated. I'm wondering if I will get that money back whenever I will be leaving Koodo if I don't want to buy a phone with that credit and just want to switch to another company for example?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You're actually not/didn't pay(ing) that, koodo is/did. You can ask for a 10% discount instead of tab accumulation since you have your own device. Doing so will freeze your tab where it is now.

Or if you want you can let it build up to a max of +150$ and use it to buy a phone. Our use it whenever you want to buy another device.

It has no cash value and won't be refunded so i would use it if you're planning to jump ship.
Chad, thanks for the quick answer. How can I change to get a 10% discount per month instead then? Is it doable on the Self-Serve site?
Userlevel 7
Jerome wrote:

Chad, thanks for the quick answer. How can I change to get a 10% discount per month instead then?...

Yes i think it is an add on. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong
Jerome wrote:

Chad, thanks for the quick answer. How can I change to get a 10% discount per month instead then?...

Just checked and couldn't see it in the add ons. I guess I'll go to the store and ask them. Thanks again for the explanation!
Userlevel 7
Jerome wrote:

Just call in You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
You're not actually paying into it; it's basically an extra credit instead of a fee/payment. However, no, you cannot keep it if you leave. It has no cash value. It's for hardware only. Your best bet is to use it to buy a cheap phone and give it to a family member, etc.