Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be able to use Rogers network ( extended roaming) while I am in Manitoba? Will there be a charge for that?

I am a Koodo customer in Alberta and will be travelling to Manitoba for three weeks. The last time I was at the lake, I had no service at all. The only reliable service in that region is apparently Rogers. Will I be able to use that Rogers network ( extended roaming) while I am there? Will there be a charge for that?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Check this Link,  it shows the phone you need for extended coverage in Manitoba an the extended area.  
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can use the EXT network. And there are no extra fees to use the EXT network Also the MTS network is the largest network in MB
Thank you!
Userlevel 7
You may need to enable data roaming as well and if you're on prepaid, EXT won't work for you.
I just have a monthly account. I'm on a regular plan. I can enable data roaming on my phone in settings i guess? I had just assumed i would have to add some data to my plan for the trip as i have wireless at home and work so rarely go over my data plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shannon Haywood wrote:

I just have a monthly account. I'm on a regular plan. I can enable data roaming on my phone in ...

Koodo doesn't really have data add-ons. You have to pay overages or upgrade to an in-market plan
Userlevel 7
Shannon Haywood wrote:

I just have a monthly account. I'm on a regular plan. I can enable data roaming on my phone in ...

Or you don't have to enable it. You just won't have network data available while Roaming. The phone and non picture Messaging will still work.