Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wifi won't connect on moto g

Userlevel 2
I just got a moto g, and the wifi wont connect. I know im on the right network and the passwoed is right, but it keeps saying "authentication problem" any ideas?

78 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried to confirm your password is correct by trying to connect to that wifi with that password with another device (manually do it to confirm it's not truly a password issue)
Userlevel 2
My laptop is on it right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josh Foisey wrote:

Did you disconnect your laptop from the wifi and then try to reconnect by manually re-entering the password again? If so, is your router limiting the number of connections you can have on the wifi?
Userlevel 2
Josh Foisey wrote:

How do I check the number of available comnections?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josh Foisey wrote:

Can you connect with the wifi on the laptop off?
Userlevel 1
Josh Foisey wrote:

Did you enter your moto g pass word into the lap top and visa versa?
Josh Foisey wrote:

Not useful for the problem resolving.
Josh Foisey wrote:

cant open to wifi like when i tap to on option it automatically gets off !! what to do ? and same with option for hotspot .... rest options are working properly
Userlevel 7
Josh Foisey wrote:

Did you try the suggestions above?
Josh Foisey wrote:

Hi, It happens too me on moto g 1 gen, recently I found a temporary solution for this issue ....1.) forgot your WiFi network, 2.)clear catche under settings-storage menu. 3.)Reboot your device immediately4.) Turn on your WiFi and give password ,click connect and wait for some time it will connect, if not leave it alone for 1/2 to 1 hour and again click on connect .. Sure you will get connected to your WiFi...
Josh Foisey wrote:

bakwas
Userlevel 1
Josh Foisey wrote:

Wen Wi-Fi dose not work peroply. There couple things comes to mind. bad software you may need do a reset. of the phone may help you. or droped It all Android is Unixes. software by goolge If restet dose not tray push force to stop android system claer all your casha, by buttion down or If LG g3 You may have potion to clear this Buy puching botten on rigth had side I hope this helps you pleses have stress free Day Thank you
Userlevel 2
Didn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josh Foisey wrote:

Didn't work

Hmm... mine connects to wifi. Restart it
Josh Foisey wrote:

Didn't work

Did you reset your device? If so...make sure you are using the Wi-Fi security Key and NOT your password. You will find the key on the bottom of your modem/router.
Josh Foisey wrote:

Didn't work

Hey...there is wifi bug in lollipop 5.0 update....do first restart ur moto in fastboot boot...go to recovery...and then clear cache partion...no third party app can help u clear this...so clearing this will help ur wifi problem and some other issues that are on moto G2 , G1
Userlevel 7
Open the wifi on your Moto G and long press your home wifi. Then tap forget.

After your phone rescans, choose the home network again. Enter the information and reconnect. Also try power cycling the router, (unplug the electrical connection from the router then plug it back in) if this works consider placing your router on a timer that shuts it down for a minute or two each day (mine does so at 3am)
Chad Burr wrote:

Open the wifi on your Moto G and long press your home wifi. Then tap forget.

After your...

hey, this worked great....thanks
Userlevel 2
I did this already. I just don't get why it won't connect..
Userlevel 7
Does your router support push button connections? If so try connecting that way Look for the symbol on your router on in your routers setup menu It looks like two arrows pointing ateeach other's tail. Lower left side of the wifi screen.
I bought my moto g last Saturday and I am experiencing the same problem 'authentication problem'. My other devices connect to wifi. Please help!?
Userlevel 1
I have same problem when at Tim Hortons. I get WiFi reading on moto g. I check connection, it says connected, signal strength excellent. But all app updates fail, giving fail numbers. But not at Mc Donalds where a "connection" pop up comes up, for me to click "connect". If there is not box for me to "connect" no WiFi.
Userlevel 7
Moto G wrote:

I have same problem when at Tim Hortons. I get WiFi reading on moto g. I check connection, it say...

Oh, that's different. When you're using a public WiFi network like McDonald's, Tim Hortons, Pizza Pizza, etc. typically you need to open your browser and accept the company's terms and conditions before the WiFi will push through your device.
Userlevel 1
Moto G wrote:

I have same problem when at Tim Hortons. I get WiFi reading on moto g. I check connection, it say...

Oh wow! So then I should use the Tim Horton's app for this? Whereas Mc Donalds just sends my phone "the pop up"?
Userlevel 7
Moto G wrote:

No, you just need to go into your browser. The Tim Hortons app would just allow you to browse their menu and prices, nutrition info, etc.