Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wi Fi "Error" - why?

When I try to activate WiFi, I get "Error". I recently had my computer cleaned up - would this have anything to do with not being able to access my Wi Fi network? My router works, so do my printer and Internet on my computer. What gives?

11 replies

Hmmm...you should be able to access your wifi router by typing in "http://192.168.0.1" (no quotes) to get the log in...if you dont see the log in page for your router you may not be connected via wifi...in that case jack in with a cable and repeat. When you say "cleaned up" I am assuimng a reinstall of Windows? You would have lost settings and browser passwords.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is tour phone not seeing your router at all?
Not all networks have the router at 192.168.0.1 - to establish where your router is, you will need to go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt Type in ipconfig and hit enter Your router's IP will be listed beside "Default Gateway" under one of the listings, depending on what type of connection you are using. If you are using a wired connection, it will be under a "Ethernet adapter Local Area Network" heading. If you are using a non-standard setup on your router, you may have to enter in a static IP address and DNS information on your phone. Does your network show up under the Wireless Networks on our phone? When does the error occur?
Badge +4
Iglooman wrote:

Not all networks have the router at 192.168.0.1 - to establish where your router is, you will nee...

On most routers', the default IP address is printed on a label affixed to the underside of the router. 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 are the most common default IP addresses.
Userlevel 7
Iglooman wrote:

Not all networks have the router at 192.168.0.1 - to establish where your router is, you will nee...

apple uses 10.x.x.x
in any event OP will need to log into the router and confirm that the wifi is broadcasting and confirm the name and login credentials the phone will need to connect...refer to your router documentation to do this
If your getting the "error" when turning WiFi on inthe settings menu, you may want to try restarting the phone, or unplugging the battery for 10sec, putting it back in and turning it back on. Sounds like the same issue I had with my old Galaxy Ace....what phone are you using?
I hope everyone who graciously offered suggestions sees this post. I apologize for leaving out key info, such as the kind of phone I use - Galaxy Ace. Problem solved with turning the power off for a minute or so, and when I turned it back on? WiFi - hooray!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Martha Hergert wrote:

I hope everyone who graciously offered suggestions sees this post. I apologize for leaving out ...

Yay! All is well that ends well 🙂 Glad you got it sorted!
Martha Hergert wrote:

I hope everyone who graciously offered suggestions sees this post. I apologize for leaving out ...

Awesome, glad you got it all figured out! 😃
Martha Hergert wrote:

When in doubt, reboot! Glad you are back up and running.