Hi! I just put the Koodo SIM card into my previously Telus Samsung S8. Prior to doing that, I changed my number through Self-Serve and the new number shows in Self-Serve.
I am trying to set up Wi-Fi Calling, which has worked flawlessly on this phone before. For the last two hours, when I am asked for my Koodo Mobile Number to text an access code, I get the error “The number entered doesn’t match our records.”
I have tried:
- Using the previous number
- Restarting the phone
- Resetting Network Settings
- Making sure LTE Calls are turned on
Wi-Fi Calling is very needed due to the crappy reception area I’m in. It’s actually a safety issue.
Help! And thank you
Best answer by nim4165
- Did you port your number successfully from Telus?
- Does your self serve account and phone show your temporary koodo number or your ported number?
- Please check the System settings>About Phone to make sure that your ported number is captured correctly
- Please check your network setting against the one in this link
There may have been a ‘left over’ setting from your Telus past which hinders proper operation with the koodo network.