Koodo Community
Solved

Wi-Fi Calling/The number entered doesn't match our records

• 15 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi! I just put the Koodo SIM card into my previously Telus Samsung S8. Prior to doing that, I changed my number through Self-Serve and the new number shows in Self-Serve.

I am trying to set up Wi-Fi Calling, which has worked flawlessly on this phone before. For the last two hours, when I am asked for my Koodo Mobile Number to text an access code, I get the error “The number entered doesn’t match our records.”

I have tried:

1. Using the previous number
  2. Restarting the phone
  3. Resetting Network Settings
  4. Making sure LTE Calls are turned on

Wi-Fi Calling is very needed due to the crappy reception area I’m in. It’s actually a safety issue.

Help! And thank you

icon

Best answer by nim4165 15 October 2020, 01:36

1. Did you port your number successfully from Telus?
  2. Does your self serve account and phone show your temporary koodo number or your ported number?
  1. Please check the System settings>About Phone to make sure that your ported number is captured correctly
  1. Please check your network setting against the one in this link

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=network%20setting

There may have been a ‘left over’ setting from your Telus past which hinders proper operation with the koodo network.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. Did you port your number successfully from Telus?
  2. Does your self serve account and phone show your temporary koodo number or your ported number?
  1. Please check the System settings>About Phone to make sure that your ported number is captured correctly
  1. Please check your network setting against the one in this link

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=network%20setting

There may have been a ‘left over’ setting from your Telus past which hinders proper operation with the koodo network.

Thank you. I followed the directions. I didn’t have an MMSC port, so I changed the MMS port to what the MMSC port should be? It still didn’t work. I’m not porting a number from Telus, it’s a Koodo phone number. In “About Phone”, it has a 1 and then the 10 digit number, but I don’t think that should affect it. I also did a Factory Reset prior to doing all this

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To answer your network setting questions see @Dinh Network settings in this link https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/oneplus-8-connectivity-issue-7800347

I cannot point to the source of conflict but it is clear that somewhere in your ex-Telus S8 phone settings there is a phone number ‘left over’ (should be modified to your koodo number) which causes the conflict and the resulting  error “The number entered doesn’t match our records.”

Thank you for your help! I did follow @dinh suggestions, however, next to APN type, I’m unable to text anything, only to select an option. None of the options match what is listed. I think I’ll have to contact Koodo

It FINALLY accepted the phone number and it’s set-up :clap_tone1: However, there isn’t an icon showing in the upper left-hand corner. Does that mean it’s not working, or it only shows when it’s being used? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Congrats!

The icon is now under call settings. Go to the phone icon / dial pad, hit the three dots in the corner > settings > wifi calling 

See link https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Wifi-calling-setting-is-missing-s8/td-p/288424

Good luck with the setup!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It FINALLY accepted the phone number and it’s set-up :clap_tone1: However, there isn’t an icon showing in the upper left-hand corner. Does that mean it’s not working, or it only shows when it’s being used? Thanks!

It only appears if you actually need it. 

Badge +4

An excerpt from the Wi-Fi Calling help page: “When Wi-Fi Calling is turned on, your phone will automatically use an available Wi-Fi network, if it determines that you have low or no cellular coverage”.

Wi-Fi calling | Help | Koodo