Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why when I call someone, it shows up as a long distance call on their phone display. It says,,Long distance,then my number..Help Please??

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Maybe you are long distance to them. Koodo does have nationwide calling and if you are on one of those plans you don't have to pay for long distance but it still shows up that way.
No,,its a local call.
Userlevel 6
Wendy Currie wrote:

No,,its a local call.

How do you know? Cellphone is slightly different than regular phones. You may not be in the local calling area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy Currie wrote:

No,,its a local call.

Are they using a cellphone? Maybe they are outside of their local calling area? If they are within their local calling area, then receiving a call does not incur long distance for your friend. I have never seen a cellphone say long distance either. What cellphone are they using? If anything I find that local calling areas are usually larger than calling areas of landlines (there are exceptions however). I was lucky in that when I had a Winnipeg number I was able to call Steinbach as a local number on my cell, but it was long distance if I called on a landline
Wendy Currie wrote:

No,,its a local call.

no ,,,im calling a landline and its only bout 5 miles away..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy Currie wrote:

No,,its a local call.

Is there long distance charges when they call you? Give it a quick test
This can easily come down to the area code. An area code can be different within the same area location, but can end up showing up as long distance. As long as there are no long distance charges, there's nothing to worry about, as it's just a display.