Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why Koodo?

Koodo used to be good before now it's just copying every other provider. Koodo doesn't have any thing different except voicemails and shock free data. Virgin offers 10% for every line you add. Koodo roaming plans suck. The cheapest tab medium plan on Virgin and Fido with the phone is 45 bucks but on Koodo its 55 bucks. Fido has spotify and virgin has member benefits. Koodo has 10 voicemails lol 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So what do you want exactly? terminate your contract and go to Virgin or fido?

General bias statement without any detail comparisons will not go anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"The cheapest tab medium plan on Virgin and Fido with the phone is 45 bucks..."

- What phone you can get with this $45 plan and what's included?

When I look for some promo on phones or plans on different providers, I always compare what will be the total cost for the phone and what included in the plan.
You might see $0 upfront for some phone on the different carriers, but you will pay almost double on your plan.  Or it looks cheaper plan, but you will get less data...
I would move on if there is better plan or phone deals out there. But I can't find better deals since I have some good grandfathered plans for my family.

If you see a better deal in total - price, what' included, coverage area ...etc,  then choice is yours.
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

"The cheapest tab medium plan on Virgin and Fido with the phone is 45 bucks..."

- What pho...

In Ontario, You can get a 500 Minute/PPU data plan on Gold for $45 with Virgin, that will get a you a LG G5 for $0, Galaxy A5-2017 for $0, LG G6 for $150, Huawei P10 Lite for $0 (and the regular Huawei P10 for $100), or an iPhone SE for $0.
you can get that same plan for $40 on Silver