Feedback
Why is there no usable phone number anymore | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Why is there no usable phone number anymore

• 14 September 2021
  • 8 replies

I used to like Koodo a lot, but honestly their customer service sucks. Calling doesn't help it redirects you to the stupid digital assistant. I can't tell a digital rep I live next to the Us border, don't charge me for roaming if I already have everything that has to do with roaming on my phone off. It pisses me off that when I want to deal with this shit I can't and have to wait for a damn callback 3 hours frome now, I'd honestly rather wait on hold with some shitty elevator music than sit and fume over this shit for 3 hours. Before anyone asks, no twitter no Facebook, hate that garbage. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What you can do is switch to manual network selection, let the list populate, and select Koodo.
Your phone will not connect to any other network.

OK you hate social media. It's still the way you get verified outside of a callback. You don't need to do anything with the account besides contact Koodo the way you registered to message on here. I'm not entirely sure why you'd rather wait on hold than get a callback. And to the point that you don't even want to schedule one to get an issue resolved. What makes you fume to wait for a call and not fume while on hold? You're still not talking to anyone until a Rep becomes available.  You're just requesting roaming charges be reversed for when you were in Canada.

I'd much rather sit on hold because they see big call volumes and have to hire more people, more demand more incentive to increase supply. With this they have about a day or so to call back meaning a fraction of the customer service reps. If they just hired more reps I wouldn't have to wait 3 hours to get a call. But I already scheduled a callback this is feedback, i hate koodo's system because I want actual customer service from the very beginning of my call, to talk to someone as soon as it picks up, not some automated garbage dealing with my customer service, that includes press 1 for whatever. And no I'm not going to make an account to deal with this I want nothing to do with twitter or fb. I'll try that manual network selection thing though thanks for that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd much rather sit on hold because they see big call volumes and have to hire more people

Speaking from experience: No. They absolutely do not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They absolutely will not.
The switch to alternative methods of customer support happened increasingly over time. It's also becoming quite common in more industries and sectors. Koodo is not the cellular company either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd much rather sit on hold because they see big call volumes and have to hire more people, more demand more incentive to increase supply. With this they have about a day or so to call back meaning a fraction of the customer service reps. If they just hired more reps I wouldn't have to wait 3 hours to get a call. But I already scheduled a callback this is feedback, i hate koodo's system because I want actual customer service from the very beginning of my call, to talk to someone as soon as it picks up, not some automated garbage dealing with my customer service, that includes press 1 for whatever. And no I'm not going to make an account to deal with this I want nothing to do with twitter or fb. I'll try that manual network selection thing though thanks for that. 

Since you do not like to wait, why not try sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter? It is easy to use and really convenient. No hassle waiting for 3 hours as you mentioned, and you get a notification when a rep gets back to you. 

If the level of customer service is really that important to you, it may be best to look for other providers that can cater to your needs. On the top of my head, there are direct customer service hotlines for the top-tier carriers such as Rogers, Bell, Telus, or their flanker brands, Virgin Mobile or Fido. 

Even the Koodo rep at the booth placed a callback for me and I didn’t get it. Went on chat, was told no callback had been placed, registered again, didn’t get it, again, even though I had kept the chat open and could see the response of a callback placed for 1:30, I read, no callback for that number! Sent a message through fb - what a surprise - no response!

I used the “call back” feature, selected a convenient time for me and received a call from customer support right on time just yesterday. Much better than sitting on hold and I did get to talk to a live person with no issues.

Lucky you!