Koodo Community
Question

why is koodo blocking numbers for me?

I’ve missed multiple phone calls and texts. I found one phone number in my “blocked” calls list but I sure didn’t put it there. When I asked samsung about it they said the service provider might decide to block nuisance calls, but that number was linked to my employment and definitely should not have been blocked. It cost me work to miss those calls and I have never set up anyone to be blocked. I don’t know how to explain the missed texts. I live in Victoria where reception should be good. Tried to call Koodo but just received a text with a robot asking my problem then suggesting they call me back at some time in the future, not ideal when I am missing calls. Koodo has terrible customer service.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo can block numbers but not by putting them in your phone's blocked contacts. It's possible that you inadvertently blocked it during a previous call. It's most likely how that happened. Anyway, unblock it and you should be good to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Crazylegs  We do not place calls in your blocked list on your phone. Samsung, is incorrect.  When you removed that number from the list did the call come through?  Do any of those calls appear listed on your invoice by any chance? I wish I could explain why this is happening. Did you have your phone sent out for repair or swapped recently?

I thought I might have inadvertently swiped a shortcut that would block a number and that is why I called samsung so I wouldn’t accidentally do it again but they said the only way for me to block a call is to physically go into settings and enter the number as blocked- that is when they suggested it was done by my service provider. Besides that number, occasional other calls and texts are not getting through and we either receive a “missed call” notification or nothing if it is a text. I didn’t find out about the texts until my son showed my his phone with the sent messages to me (from vancouver - so not a remote area) and there was nothing on mine. We have two phones with koodo service and this issue is a problem on both. My partner thought it was because his was an older phone so he upgraded but now he is having the same problem so he is pretty upset because now we are on a tab. The fact that I can’t even call Koodo about it is crazy. I am supposed to wait for them to call me back when the issue is that we are missing calls? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I thought I might have inadvertently swiped a shortcut that would block a number and that is why I called samsung so I wouldn’t accidentally do it again but they said the only way for me to block a call is to physically go into settings and enter the number as blocked- that is when they suggested it was done by my service provider. Besides that number, occasional other calls and texts are not getting through and we either receive a “missed call” notification or nothing if it is a text. I didn’t find out about the texts until my son showed my his phone with the sent messages to me (from vancouver - so not a remote area) and there was nothing on mine. We have two phones with koodo service and this issue is a problem on both. My partner thought it was because his was an older phone so he upgraded but now he is having the same problem so he is pretty upset because now we are on a tab. The fact that I can’t even call Koodo about it is crazy. I am supposed to wait for them to call me back when the issue is that we are missing calls? 

I understand the frustration.  Just so you know, you have a few options.  Since you said this issue did not go away, it’s a good thing Koodo has a 15 day (in-store) and 30 day (online) return policy so you can return your phone and go back to your old phone.

I assume if this was one of your primary reasons for upgrading, it was the first thing you tried out and tested.

2nd thing, is I would recommend giving the callback a try.  COnsider it an extra test case.  If Koodo’s callback is indeed blocked, you would have more data to show to Koodo that this is happening.  If the callback does not work, I highly recommend reporting back here as a rep might be able to further assist on here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm almost sure there is a block option

onthe screen when someone is calling you. I'll have to wait for someone to call me and see.

ok, it happened again tonight- I checked the phone to make absolutely sure I had NO blocked numbers, do not disturb is NOT on, full volume and 20 min later, 2 missed calls show up even though my phone is on the table 6 feet away from me. Same number, which is an automated call in for substitute teachers so I guess I am not working tomorrow either. thanks Koodo, That was the last straw. Wish I could call you to tell you why I am leaving but I don’t have the patience to call your ridiculous non-service number, get a text, text you a good time for call back, then wait for you to call me. 

thanks folks for trying to help, but Koodo isn’t worth it :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ugh that stinks! sorry this is happening to you!

I'm confused about one thing though, you say the calls are blocked but they're showing up as missed calls? Blocked calls wouldn't even show up as missed, there's something more going on with your phone I feel.  There has to be an explanation for this. It's odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ugh that stinks! sorry this is happening to you!

I'm confused about one thing though, you say the calls are blocked but they're showing up as missed calls? Blocked calls wouldn't even show up as missed, there's something more going on with your phone I feel.  There has to be an explanation for this. It's odd.

Agreed. Calls that don't reach the phone wouldn't show up as missed either. Sounds more like the calls are dropping. Could be a sim card issue, or possibly a reception issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

ok, it happened again tonight- I checked the phone to make absolutely sure I had NO blocked numbers, do not disturb is NOT on, full volume and 20 min later, 2 missed calls show up even though my phone is on the table 6 feet away from me. Same number, which is an automated call in for substitute teachers so I guess I am not working tomorrow either. thanks Koodo, That was the last straw. Wish I could call you to tell you why I am leaving but I don’t have the patience to call your ridiculous non-service number, get a text, text you a good time for call back, then wait for you to call me. 

thanks folks for trying to help, but Koodo isn’t worth it :(

But did you at least try to schedule a call back like I suggested?

It sounds like you dislike the callback feature so much and think it wont work and that you just want to call in that you just said screw it instead of at least trying it first.

how do you unblock people?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

how do you unblock people?

Go to your phone settings and there should be an option for your blocked callers