Koodo Community
Question

Why have the prices on the phones suddenly jumped??

Why have the prices on the phones suddenly jumped? The amounts available for tab are now very small which puts phones out of reach and makes Koodo a less attractive option as I was about to upgrade a phone and add another account!! Time too look around.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have +23 Tab credits so mine shows up as $127 to pay since I can use up to 173 of my Tab credits https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/1_inline.bmp
Userlevel 6
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...Sorry guys... I had the tab opened for a while in my browser and did not refresh before posting... therefore I did not see your replies! Credits to ya! :oP
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...This is a cool feature I was not aware of...thanks all.
Userlevel 6
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...That is simply because you are logged into self-serve, and you currently have a Koodo tab standing at $ -121. You can't have 2 tabs at the same time, the maximum tab amount Koodo gives you is $150. You still have $121 left to go, so that's why they only give you $29 (as of today) to buy a new phone. As time passes by and your tab gets lower, the amount they can give you towards a new phone will go up, but combined, this amount will never exceed $150.
Userlevel 1
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...He is definitely logged into his Self Serve account. If he wasn't, he would be able to move the slider to the full $150.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...Would your tab balance happen to be at -121.00?
Userlevel 4
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...That just tells you that you only have 29 tab available to use towards a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless ther...I assume you are logged in? If so that means you are at -121 Tab credits
If I go to phones on the web site right now, the most I can put onto the tab is $29. Unless there are technical difficulties or something? Perhaps it logged me in and is calculating against my tab then. Image below

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you talking about more high end phones being sold? Or that you missed out on a sale? Is there a particular phone you were looking for that you noticed a price jump? I monitor the high end phones quite regularly and I have [b]not noticed any price jumps on the Iphone 5, the Galaxy S4, or the Nexus 4
One possibility is that your logged into Self Serve. If you login to self serve and browse phones...This was the issue - thanks for helping!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
One possibility is that your logged into Self Serve. If you login to self serve and browse phones...I don't doubt that, but they were $250 in late winter/early spring. And I don't remember Koodo specifying that these prices were promotional.
Userlevel 5
One possibility is that your logged into Self Serve. If you login to self serve and browse phones...Maybe its different because I primarily deal with retail stores, but both those phones have been 150 w/tab since at least late may, so 300 outright. Im still guessing if the OP is noticing a reduced tab amount its because they are logged into self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
One possibility is that your logged into Self Serve. If you login to self serve and browse phones...Actually, iPhone 4 and Galaxy S2X went from $250 outright to $300 outright.
Userlevel 5
One possibility is that your logged into Self Serve. If you login to self serve and browse phones, it will show you your price for the phone based on your current available tab amount. So if you don't currently have the full 150 available, and say you only have 20 to put towards a phone, the prices on the site will reflect that. As others have said the phone prices and tab haven't changed so if your saying the tab amount is lower this would be my guess as to what it is.
Userlevel 3
Well they are just selling better phones then they were previously with the army of low end Andro...I'm not say that everyone needs the best phone just that most of those low end androids are what gives Andriod its bad name in alot of cases. Alot of these devices just weren't created with sufficient hardware. As you can see that most device work good for a bit, but once the user starts to custom and a little time goes by the devices are pretty much at there limit and need to be maintained on a weekly bases just to keep enough memory free to use the device which is anything but smart.
Userlevel 5
Well they are just selling better phones then they were previously with the army of low end Andro...Some of those low end androids are massive best sellers. The Galaxy Ace is one of Canadas best ever selling Android devices. Even the LG Optimus One had huge success and had even sold out of the Koodo Web store for a while. They may not be the most powerful devices out there, but a lot of people don't need the most powerful. They need a device that does what they need for a great price, and these devices do. With that said I wouldn't personally go out and buy one, and love my S3.
Userlevel 3
Well they are just selling better phones then they were previously with the army of low end Androids they hada year or so ago. I can only imagine the amount of calls these devices caused to Tech support due to the general poor performance. The phones on Koodo are some of the cheapest list prices you will find without signing a 3 year contract.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure what you mean? As far as I know, the Tab amount has not changed - it's still $150. Although Koodo have added a few high end phones (hence the high prices for some of them), they still selll several budget phones as well. I know that some phones were discounted for a while but have gone up again (I believe some were $250 and are now $300) but that happens all the time with any company... Or did I misunderstand you? In that case, please elaborate 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The prices haven't jumped and the available tab hasn't dropped, it still allows you to put up to 150.00 on the tab. Koodo now offers several high end phones, which is why the overall prices are higher, but they're still selling them for less than anyone else.
Userlevel 4
The tab is still at 150. The prices of the phones were for a limited time even though there was no date posted on the site for the lower prices.