Koodo Community
Question

Why does order review take so long?

I ordered a SIM and BYOD service online on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't expecting instant service, but did expect that the SIM would ship on Monday. Tuesday PM and it still shows as "Order Being Reviewed".

I could have (and probably should have) walked into a store or kiosk and paid the $30 connection fee and got my SIM and service right away. So why does it take days to review an online BYOD order?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have the order number? (HFO....). If you had, you could post it here.

Make sure you check the junk/spam mail box. Sometimes, there was issue with credit card or something and Koodo need to contact you to confirm information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@jd9732 Orders do typically get approved quickly. As long as all the info we have can be confirmed and validated. As per Dinh above, if you post your order # here we can look into what, if anything maybe holding up the release of your order.
Userlevel 5
@Bernard Koodo it is a serious question. How many days is "quickly" for Koodo right now? You can see the data for orders probably.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It ranges from overnight to several days. The latter if we need additional info from customers and they haven't gotten back to us yet.
Userlevel 5
If you had found my account, you could maybe explain why my order took 4 days to be approved when Koodo did not need additional information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you had found my account, you could maybe explain why my order took 4 days to be approved when Koodo did not need additional information.
As you've previously boasted of how masterfully you keep jumping through hoops to take advantage of cheap phone deals, I'm guessing there's enough unusual account activity associated with your credit profile to require a review for potential fraud.
Userlevel 5
They suspend the accounts, blacklist the IMEIs, and request ID and proof of address for the Fraud Management Department when there is a review for "potential fraud." Are you saying there is another kind of medium-length review between a quick ordinary order review and that slow one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you mad because they treat all suspicious activity the same or because they don't? It seems unreasonable to be upset about both.

A fraudulent account can continue to run up charges as long as service remains active, a fraudulent order is in limbo until it clears review. Different scenario, different response.
Sure, the order is HFO23910144.

Nothing in junk, and nothing received since the original confirmation email.
Userlevel 5
It is now 5 days for @jd9732. Approved yet?
My order was approved this afternoon, 4 days after it was placed.

I'd still like to know why it took so long. The backend systems and staff are in place to approve a retail order while the customer waits, 7 days a week. Why can't an online order be approved in a similar time.

I would think Koodo would want to encourage online orders, but the next time I'll pay the connection fee and get everything taken care of while I wait. (Including moving my existing number -- the online order wasn't at all clear on how this would work, so I chose a new number so I could control when it was moved. But I don't know how smoothly that will go.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@jd9732 Fraud, as someone already mentioned it, is a significant challenge online. For one, unlike physical stores, we can't match you with a photo ID for example. Monitoring is in place to look for certain triggers online. the system isn't perfect and sometimes it does flag orders that shouldn't have been. Hope this gives you some insight. Also thanks for the feedback on how to move your existing number. We'll definitely share it with the team.