Koodo Community
Question

Why Credit check was done on change of plan.

• 19 November 2020
  • 6 replies

On 7th Oct I changed my plan and put on seasonal hold. After a while I received an e-mail from Trans Union that a credit check was done on my account. My question to koodo is that why a credit check was performed on my account while I just put my 2 numbers on seasonal hold. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you verified the email was legit?

Did the email say that the credit check was done by Koodo?

I am also being told that I have to complete a “Credit Quiz” in order to keep using my existing service on a new phone.

Very odd business practice that smells of scam to me.

You would think the best credit check would be the years of bills I paid on time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am also being told that I have to complete a “Credit Quiz” in order to keep using my existing service on a new phone.

Very odd business practice that smells of scam to me.

You would think the best credit check would be the years of bills I paid on time?

I don’t think that email from Koodo tho.  I never seen they ask you to complete “Credit Quiz”.
Don’t open an email and contact Koodo if they send it to you. 

Yes my credit check was done by Koodo at the same time I was on phone with koodo customer service.  It  might be done by the customer service agent. She put my 2 lines on hold on my request and she did not remove $3 addon  for International saver. It is common sense too that who would like to keep addon while the lines are on seasonal hold.  So one can imagine the kind of customer service koodo has.  It is really frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes my credit check was done by Koodo at the same time I was on phone with koodo customer service.  It  might be done by the customer service agent. She put my 2 lines on hold on my request and she did not remove $3 addon  for International saver. It is common sense too that who would like to keep addon while the lines are on seasonal hold.  So one can imagine the kind of customer service koodo has.  It is really frustrating.

I agree it is not commonsense to keep the add-on.  Mistakes happen.  Reps go through so many accounts per day that sometimes things get missed.  It is not an automated process to remove every single add-on.  One can also ask, Is it not common sense to check with the rep to remove the add-on at the same time?  But then again it may have also happened that this slipped your mind too.  Like I said.  Mistakes happen.  Good help is also hard to find.  *Insert 3rd cliche here*

I am afraid that you assume that it might be  a mistake from the customer service. No it shows the inefficiency of customer service, reason being that, in order to make changes in my account, the agent put me on hold for few minutes, and than confirmed me that she made the changes as I requested, ie put 2 lines on seasonal hold and removed $3 International saver. from both lines. The moment she finished the call I got an alert of credit check on my account. I tried through the digital rep. for the removal of International saver but it has no such service, and there was no other way to contact while I am abroad….Who is responsible for these irregularities  and besides monitory lose who is going to return the point I lost on my credit score ???